• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need help with sleep..... What works for you

J

Johntron9999

I tried amitriptyline 25mg and it's not helping with sleep. I don't want to take a benzos or anything addictive to get to bed does someone have help with what works for them? I was looking into lemon balm

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

I have problems with any sleep medication working for me more that a couple times before I feel immune to it. I think it because I fight sleep even without wanting to. Melatonin works pretty well, doesn't put me to sleep but could calm me dow. So I wouldn't fight it. I'd make sure it doesnt interfered with anything you take. Also the song called weightless by marconi union. Read one time was supposed to be the most relaxing song in the world so I listen to that sometimes.

B

Blackrose09

Melatonin helped me in the past, sleep hypnosis too.
Than if nothing helps and you want to take medication I can say seroquel was the best for insomnia from many medication I tryed.

J

Johntron9999

I have problems with any sleep medication working for me more that a couple times before I feel immune to it. I think it because I fight sleep even without wanting to. Melatonin works pretty well, doesn't put me to sleep but could calm me dow. So I wouldn't fight it. I'd make sure it doesnt interfered with anything you take. Also the song called weightless by marconi union. Read one time was supposed to be the most relaxing song in the world so I listen to that sometimes.
im the same way i seem to become resistant to meds after taking them a few times. melatonin helped me sleep but it only worked twice than never again. amitriptaline worked 1 or 2 times too than not again! why that happens i have no clue..

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

im the same way i seem to become resistant to meds after taking them a few times. melatonin helped me sleep but it only worked twice than never again. amitriptaline worked 1 or 2 times too than not again! why that happens i have no clue..
I think, well I know mine is anxiety based. There are times I just dont sleep. So I think i just resist the medicine to strongly. It sad because this new stuff that gave me worked for 2 days and it was nice. 😢I've honeslty given up but they keep trying, but I've been honest and told the doctors, nothing works after and few days, and that i do fight sleep.

OCDguy

OCDguy

What works for me is having a set time for going to bed and a set time for getting up, leaving at least 7 hours for sleep. I try and stick to set meal times too...

L

Lizaje

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Medicine. And other support.

T

TyFence

But your muscles and nervous system are still firing and need to relax and slow down. Sometimes exercise helps @Lizaje

L

Lizaje

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Idk. Exercising dead tired is gross.

sunset547544

sunset547544

I quit chocolate recently I have found I have been sleeping much better. Also try long walks, no alcohol, stop worrying about it so much. I also find reading this forum very soothing and tend to drift off whilst reading a thread.

T

TyFence

For you maybe @Lizaje but for someone who can’t sleep a little. Maybe massage or stretching

J

Johntron9999

last week i went on a 3 hour walk that helped alot. legs were so sore but i have no move into a new place tomorrow so ill need to save my energy. i have some valerian root im going to try tonight. i literally took 6 pills of it and it didnt help with sleep! guess ill try 10 tonight

M

Mary on the hill

last week i went on a 3 hour walk that helped alot. legs were so sore but i have no move into a new place tomorrow so ill need to save my energy. i have some valerian root im going to try tonight. i literally took 6 pills of it and it didnt help with sleep! guess ill try 10 tonight
NO! In some people valerian root will make you hyper so you can't sleep! More is not better. i took four one time and i was awake for 24 hrs. So now i take one and it helps 50%. I also read that GABA will help so i will try that too. Also, Skullcap and hops help. 5HTP helps for depression. I am gonna buy some when i get some money. I bought Ashwaganda and it's supposed to help for depression. I think it helps 50%. Just one a day.