• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Need help with benefits (Personality Disorder NOS)

S

sebastian

Hi guys and girls.

I was recently diagnosed as having Personality Disorder NOS (not otherwise specified) which doesn't really give me a solid diagnosis.

I have been claiming Universal Credit for the past 6 months and for those past months have been providing sick notes while psychiatrist and GP gets to the bottom of whats wrong.

I soon have my medical coming up and feel that they will not take me seriously with this diagnosis.

Does this mean I have a personality disorder or not?.. I was told I have certain traits but thats not really much to go on.

I am also taking Quetiapine for it.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I go about my medical and that? What should I tell them exactly is wrong do I just say Personality Disorder NOS or what?

Thanks people :) appreciate it alot

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Give them your diagnosis by all means but to qualify for benefit you need to let them know how your illness affects you on a daily basis,how does it prevent you functioning and taking care of your personal needs..you need to get across in the medical how hard it is for you either cos of mood swings or heavy emotions or an inability to move etc I don't know much about personality disorders and how they affect you so am trying to advise you best I can.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Need help with first time ESA assessment / ESA 50 / Severe mental health issues Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
midnightphoenix I need a bit of help Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 32
B need help. having family problem what should i do....? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
G Going to EAS Tribunal tomorrow need last minute help!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
R Stuck, need help please. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
L Out of work, in need of help :( Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
A newbie need help with P.I.P Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
B Need help Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
T I need some direction right now in my life could you some advice PLEASE HELP!!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
P Need some urgent help after Tribunal refusal Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
Zanily *Trigger warning* please HELP. I'm scared. I don't know what to do. I need advice QUICK Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
milkshake help, i need advice, i'm panicking now Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 23
A Need help Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
emzangelwings I have new born pups who need supervision and a ESA assessment tomorrow HELP!!!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
C I Really Need Some Advice (Homelessness) Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
Solitude1 I need advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
neorealism Received offer of housing - need advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
C Need advice on housing benefit Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
soulsearcher Just curious what amount of pip points for mobility do you need to get mobility car? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Screechout Desperately in need advice about housing Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
M pip tribunal need a little advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
M PIP mental health claim rejected, need advice. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 45
AliceinWonderland PIP assessors assessing those with mental health issues NEED to be qualified in mental health Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 19
M awarded pip but still need to have esa assessment! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
S Desperately need to move out but I don't know how? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
S ESA Support Group and Need Advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
jasmine2015 Newbie need advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
neorealism Moving to a council flat, what do I need? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 20
D Currently claiming ESA in WRAG, will I need a second assessment to claim PIP? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
R I need a new place fast Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
S New to forum, need advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
J Need some input on a situation Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
F Need to find a way to make money fast. Stripping? Pros and Cons? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
T Need career advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
Catastrophe Do I still need a sick note? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
B My doctor told atos I need an assessment ay home ...practical questions Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
T Need some advice. I posted this first in experiences. But this may be the better forum for my issue Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
RainbowHeartz i want to improve but i need and want to be more selfish Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
R Hello, I need some advice please. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
K ESA Appeal..Need Some Reassurance Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
A ~ I really need to get a P/T job ~ Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
M I have a dilemma and need some advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
A Really need some advice regarding ESA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
A need advice - making a declaration on a job application Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
D Need some advice - Appealing WRAG to Support Group. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
midnite Need 2 relocate, but dunno how!!!!!!!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
B changes to housing benefit need to move to a smaller property but there isnt any Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
E May need to leave uni - advice please! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
worrymuffin need a new job.... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
skitzofrantik Really in need of some advice plz (*T*) Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13