Need help with a relationship.

F

Fancyharm

I am having problems with takers, my partner is a taker and I've has enough.

F

Fancyharm

People leading g me on just to.use me is the problem. It's not right. I can't see how I keep on attracting such people.

F

Fancyharm

Why can't people just be straight and say what they do or don't want. Then I woukd know where I stand.

Z

Zoe1

well some of us are ' co-dependent '
which means we are addicted to helping other people
at the expense of our own needs

in my case this stems from having both parents
who were 17 when I was born
and both emotionally unstable

so that from day one I was care taking them

F

Fancyharm

Too true. It's sick. And I'm the one stressing about it, what a joke I am.

Why not just say don't contact me again or even block me. No, he would rather just keep receiving my texts, how nice for him.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Too true. It's sick. And I'm the one stressing about it, what a joke I am.

Why not just say don't contact me again or even block me. No, he would rather just keep receiving my texts, how nice for him.
what it shows is that you care about people, it does not make you a joke :hug:

F

Fancyharm

Thank you to all who have helped me tonight. I appreciate it.

I have to start changing the situation and not text him.

I did do this once and he totally shocked me by encouraging me in a big way. Couldn't believe it. I doubt if that will happen again, if he would encourage me.

F

Fancyharm

I am signing off now to try and sleep. I just hope I am stronger in future. I need some sort of replacement therapy to use each time I feel the need to contact him so it stops me from getting in touch with him. Please advise me if you can and I will check back on here tomorrow. ❤❤

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I am signing off now to try and sleep. I just hope I am stronger in future. I need some sort of replacement therapy to use each time I feel the need to contact him so it stops me from getting in touch with him. Please advise me if you can and I will check back on here tomorrow. ❤❤
if your stuck, maybe pm someone on this forum instead of texting him? :hug:

Z

Zoe1

just post here Fancyharm,
when you feel like contacting him, contact us first !

:love:

F

Fancyharm

Good morning.

Well slept some of last night.

My own fault for getting pissed off about letting a dick head get in the way of my life.

But thanks to discussing my feelings on here I feel more positive. I just need to retrain my brain.

This person is an arsehole and has lead me on and now decided that I am surplus. Oh well, it happens, and that person that I trusted with my feelings has turned out to be a fake.

Truth is he has all the time in the world to bother with me, but he chooses not to. He doesn't want to be just sociable and friendly and adult about the situation because that doesn't even enter the equation. He is so shallow that he doesn't even see that he has lead someone on and dropped them.

Oh and heaven forbid, he cannot just be that adult person, the being friendly type because it might just lead me on and give me the wrong idea!!!!! But he cannot tell me he isn't interested because it might 'hurt my feelings!!!!! Oh the get out clauses for him are never ending. Well congratulations to him, he is just another ARSEHOLE!

If my comments above are making you laugh then at least I have put some positive back into the world. Which is more than I can say for him.

Love to you all and have a great day xxxx

Z

Zoe1

n yeah ... you wont be able to change someone like that
and he might be ill
I have certainly been in all these kind of situations

what I would do is make it back into a friendship,
be close friends for a while, so you can help each other
and it helps to create a bit of a boundary
while you decide what to do

:love:

F

Fancyharm

I agree Zoe, be friends. But he doesn't want that. I just get one word answers to texts and the answers aren't that regular. So nothing to be friends about.

I just need out of the situation now. I won't text him.

I would rather make friends on this forum. Plus there is something to be gained in getting stronger and not texting him.