• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Need help thinking.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Really feel the need for help with clear thinking. Not feeling well. ๐Ÿ˜•
Feeling confused and it feels like I am holding my breath.
I tried to open up to someone very close to me. She was kind and in ways understanding and supportive. She advised not to wait, to get help ASAP, but kept reinforcing do not say you are depressed or anything else. She talked about Mom and suicidal comments and make sure I say nothing of that, but to stick to saying I am very stressed. There's a lot of background here, for her for me for our family and mental health.

I don't know what I am doing many days. Not feeling well. My doctor's appointment is almost 2months away. I have a therapy appointment tomorrow. I could go to urgent care.
It's almost the holidays. I need to be careful not to ruin things .

For now maybe just take things day at a time. Today I will be okay .๐Ÿ˜•

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi,
I believe you should tell your dr or healthcare profession everything that is happening, to get the right care/treatment.
I know this can be difficult for many, I don't think your ruining things.
Do be kind to yourself.
We are here for you.
Hugs

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

@Mayflower7 and @Fairy Lucretia
Thank you xo
๐Ÿ’— :hug1: ๐Ÿ’—
Your response means a lot. Having a hard time. Take care and be kind to you too. Love and hugs.
Yesterday I had a therapy appointment. I talked about things that mattered as they are causing me stress. However, it wasn't things I need to talk about more. I felt distracted and distant and spent too much time on these other things out of anxiety and fear. Never sure what is real. I can't stay the way I am. I said a little and she started writing. This made me feel an automatic exit and I did not say more. I couldn't. I felt like I had disappeared. It wasn't anything she had done. Things feel so automatic when I shut off or disconnected.
I will reach out to my doctor or therapist. I am scared and I get very frustrated that I can't explain in a way that feels safe enough, even real as I don't feel like the same person sometimes from one moment to the next.
Thank you again. Feeling unstable and am trying ๐Ÿ’—

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Also my experiences with most doctors feel so cold. It's hard to communicate even under more "caring " circumstances.

I don't want a reaction with no results or that makes things worse. I really believe I can't handle worse.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Maybe this should be titled, need help making decisions. I am struggling with decisions, thinking and every single thing.

I messaged my doctor today. A few hours later, I got a call. My appointment that was two months away is now less than two weeks away. I reported my feelings of fatigue and tiredness. Since I am in therapy through my HMO, they have the information on record of my depression.

I've heard mean careless comments from people that don't even realize that what they are saying is not okay. Sometimes I'll try to share a different perspective but never saying this is happening to me too. No one is ever listening anyway. Feeling dismissed by the world.

I hope I will be able to share enough information at my appointment to help me.

Thanks for here.

F

Frankum35

Maybe this should be titled, need help making decisions. I am struggling with decisions, thinking and every single thing.

I messaged my doctor today. A few hours later, I got a call. My appointment that was two months away is now less than two weeks away. I reported my feelings of fatigue and tiredness. Since I am in therapy through my HMO, they have the information on record of my depression.

I've heard mean careless comments from people that don't even realize that what they are saying is not okay. Sometimes I'll try to share a different perspective but never saying this is happening to me too. No one is ever listening anyway. Feeling dismissed by the world.

I hope I will be able to share enough information at my appointment to help me.

Thanks for here.
Feel better soon.

Contramike

Contramike

A good idea might be to read everything you just wrote on hear to your therapist in your next session. That gives them a good idea as to how your thinking! That really helps the relationship with them and you might feel more "at ease" with them in the future!

Sometimes, before my sessions, I make little notes on what topics to bring up. If I run out of words or feel uncomfortable I look at my list and feel a lot better.

Ex:

- I talked to Steve

- My toilet broke

- I feel awful about my sister's decision

- I saw that show on TV

- I'm making lists and bringing them to therapy

- My meds are making me feel weird

Give it a shot!

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

A good idea might be to read everything you just wrote on hear to your therapist in your next session. That gives them a good idea as to how your thinking! That really helps the relationship with them and you might feel more "at ease" with them in the future!
Thank you. That is a great idea. Hope to feel brave enough.
Like writing things down before too.
xo ๐Ÿ’—