need help, having a really hard time right now

U

ugabulldog

It has been on and off for a few months, there is a lot of big decisions and things going on in my life right now and I am not doing good at all. I take niacinamide 6g daily along w/ b-complex and vitamin c, and fish oil. I seemed to help in the past but not helping right now.... my wife wants me to go see dr and get on medicine but I am scared, dont' want to make things worse, but things are pretty bad right now..... from what I've read benzos help right away but many suggest only take long enough for SSRI's to kick in so I won't get addicted. It sounds like medicine is a hit or miss depending on person, dosage medicine, circumstances. I feel like my situation is because of circumstances so I am scared that medicine won't help but make worse,. advice please?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Sorry your struggling right now, it's unlikely that meds would make you feel worse. Most side effects are minimal with anti-depressants and usually settle down.
It's worth trying them for a few months to see if they help.

Counselling might also help.
Take care

E

emzz

Please listen to your caring wife and go see you GP he/she might not suggest antidepressants but a sedative to help calm you down and get everything back into proportion, tell him/her all your fears and also remember to make time for yourself and no that's not been selfish, it's survival! takecare.

Last edited by a moderator:
unspoken-words

unspoken-words

It has been on and off for a few months, there is a lot of big decisions and things going on in my life right now and I am not doing good at all. I take niacinamide 6g daily along w/ b-complex and vitamin c, and fish oil. I seemed to help in the past but not helping right now.... my wife wants me to go see dr and get on medicine but I am scared, dont' want to make things worse, but things are pretty bad right now..... from what I've read benzos help right away but many suggest only take long enough for SSRI's to kick in so I won't get addicted. It sounds like medicine is a hit or miss depending on person, dosage medicine, circumstances. I feel like my situation is because of circumstances so I am scared that medicine won't help but make worse,. advice please?
Hi Uga, in your situation I would really take your wife's advice and please make an appointment to see your doctor or any doctor available that day, there is help there and medication for you so please make that first step and you will feel better in yourself.