• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

need help, don't know what's wrong

J

jemoess

sorry if this is in the wrong place.

for years now i've had issues with hearing voices that aren't there. i know they aren't because i look around to answer them and there is no one standing there. i also see, feel and smell things that no one else can sometimes. i don't know why, i don't know what's caused it and, most importantly, i don't know how to fix it. any ideas? it's becoming really difficult to handle, especially at night.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi there

hello i know this can be difficult to deal with so i would suggest that you go and see your gp they are there to help good luck:)

A

Anna Hawk

Hi,
I know its been a while since the posting.. and hope you got the help you needed. Here's another suggestion keep a journal of your episodes
how many voices...content of speech sounds etc... and make a note of
your sleep patterns and what you did prior to the episode.
If you are on any meds etc... you may be able to find your personal trigger
eg. lack of sleep, stress of some sort,anxiety or over excitement.
Try to find family history...mental illness...if anyone is willing to talk about it
Hope this helps,
Anna

J

jemoess

thank you both! i'm definitely going to go to my gp about it. and i'll try and get that stuff written down for him. that might be easier then having to tell him. i'm likely to forget.