• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Need help and advice πŸ˜”

M

Memphis182

Hi guys I'm new to this forum and haven't done anything like this before. I'm looking for help and advice from anyone who is kind enough to reply.

I suffer from anxiety and depression and have done for about 5 years now. Anxiety has always been my main problem apart from a depressive episode that happened about 4 years ago, but my depression has come back with vengeance and I'm starting to feel like I can't cope anymore. Anxiety has always been my main problem and after a few years of trying and struggling I have managed to get it under control and live a relatively normal life x a few blips here and their but on the whole felt like I had it under control. Now this wave of depression has hit me and it has completely caught me off guard and hit me hard. A week in and I'm already struggling.
Feeling sick
Bad stomach
Heart racing
Feeling lost
Feeling spaced out
Feeling sad is an understatement I feel completely helpless.
I'm on 30mg of citalopram moved up from 20mg about 6 months ago. I was doing well and feeling like I was recovering well and then Boom! I feel like I'm completely back to square one again. I don't have any idea why it has come back this bad and this fast. I have a wonderful partner who is so supportive and will do anything to help, I have a beautiful 4 year old son who is amazing but it's got to the point where I can't pick him up from school. And struggle to cope with the tiny little things. I can't even hold a conversation down with my partner atm and just have that feeling of impending doom and dread and can't stop crying. I can't handle work, I just end up having an emotional breakdown.
Is it normal to have a depression relapse? I'm scared I'm going to feel like this forever.
I don't know whether to ride it out or try and up my antidepressants and see if that helps x both options terrify me right now so I just feel stuck
Sorry about the essay and thank you for taking the time to read this post x

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Hi, I'm sorry your feeling so bad at the moment. I can only speak from my experience but sadly depression can come and go, it's good that you recognise it and have joined this forum, as a way of getting some support. Maybe you should see you GP ? And as hard as it will be talk to your partner.

Rest when you can and do things that support your self care, a bath, walk in the park or whenever.

There often isn't a quick fix for depression, so don't be too hard on yourself (easier said than done I know) and take one day at a time.

Take care X and we are here to listen and help. But professional help should be part of the process.

Just my thoughts x

M

Memphis182

Hi, I'm sorry your feeling so bad at the moment. I can only speak from my experience but sadly depression can come and go, it's good that you recognise it and have joined this forum, as a way of getting some support. Maybe you should see you GP ? And as hard as it will be talk to your partner.

Rest when you can and do things that support your self care, a bath, walk in the park or whenever.

There often isn't a quick fix for depression, so don't be too hard on yourself (easier said than done I know) and take one day at a time.

Take care X and we are here to listen and help. But professional help should be part of the process.

Just my thoughts x
Thank you for taking the time to reply and giving your advice, I really appreciate it. Especially in a time of need. It's a shame their is no quick fix for feeling like this. It would be amazing if their was. Trying my best to keep myself busy. Keeping myself clean and taking time to get fresh air. It's pretty hard too as have no interest in doing anything at all at the moment. I'll keep cracking on though because it can only do me good. At the doctors so hopfully will feel a bit more optimistic after speaking to them. Thanks again x