• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need help/advice for dealing with ocd/ perfectionism

D

dsanchezjr55

I dont know if its ocd but my thoughts keep on circulating and it gets tiresome. I'll share an example. A few weeks ago a few of my friends brought me a birthday cake. I ended up taking a photo with my parents. My father happened to be wearing a red shirt. Looking back at the photos the contrast of the red shirt made the photo really unbalanced and draws too much attention. I keep on thinking that I shouldve ask if he could wear a more neutral shirt color so that the photo can come out more balanced. Dont know why but this makes me feel really frustrated and my thoughts keep circulating. I feel really embarassed sharing this but would like some advice on how i could deal with these thoughts. I deal with many other similar scenarios like this where I tend to focus on small details and can't seem to shake them off. They keep circulating in my mind. Thanks

Lizaje

Lizaje

Really difficult to say with just that. If it's lasted for long and the anxiety troubles you, you can go to a doctor.

G

GongKing

Do you really care about the shirt color or just the thought itself ?