• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need alot of help starting life again

J

Johntron9999

I feel alot more stable on a higher dose of my SSRI. I'd like to work again but I'm feel very slow witted from the blunting effect of antidepressants. I have not worked in years and have no idea how to explain that gap in my life to an interviewer. The antidepressants just make me feel low dopamine and low goal oriented Ted but if I don't take them I have to bad of a mood. How can I stimulate myself and get through an 8 hour shift. I get stressed easily and have a hard time to commiting to a shift and get flustered.

B

Black Despondency

Have you been seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist? I have had to try several different medications to find the right ones. I'm afraid to even try doing volunteer work.:( Doing volunteer work might be a good way to help you adjust to working and test your limits.:grouphug:

F

Fancyharm

I have had these big gaps and if is possible to regain a working life.

Volunteering is a good way of getting into the swing of things.

You will sort it out, it will be ok.👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

J

Johntron9999

I've been seeing a phychiatrist recently yes and I still am working on finding a better concoction for my depression. Possably we might add in Abilify or try Wellbutrin if my SSRI doesn't work better in the following weeks. I have an issue with commitment my last job I woke up one morning to stressed and I just said screw it and mentally I couldn't bring myself to work and I quit. Because being around people and talking and always being "on" is very draining for someone with anxiety and depression and in the past I ended up quitting. I wish I was more goal oriented and I want to work to handle stress and realize that u can't just quit a job. I need to work on my integrity and morals but I do not know how to do that and mature