Need advise

S

Schwabster72

I am insanely jealous all the time and I can't control it. My mind is consumed all day with thoughts of impending infidelity. I'm so afraid that this will end my relationship. I

S

Schwabster72

I'm not sure. My girlfriend works nights and I work days. We hardly have any quality time anymore. I've been cheated on before. Numerous times. The worse I get, the further away I push her.

O

OCDguy

I understand what you are saying regarding quality time. May I ask how long have you been together, how would you describe your relationship right now, and has there been any changes recently which has brought about a noticeable change in how the pair of you relate to each other :hug:

S

Schwabster72

I understand what you are saying regarding quality time. May I ask how long have you been together, how would you describe your relationship right now, and has there been any changes recently which has brought about a noticeable change in how the pair of you relate to each other :hug:
Yes we have been together five years. It's hard for us to even communicate or be normal around each other anymore because my suspicious behavior can start any second. There seems to be alot of tension all the time. She always tells me to just chill out. And she's right. I need too. But I dont know how

O

OCDguy

I'm no expert, but my opinion would be mind over matter. It's probably quite obvious to you by now, that your previous approach to this hasn't helped, and it's time for a change. Again I'm no expert, but to me you need to re-kindle your relationship, and this needs to take precedence over your insecurities. Look on the bright side, things appear to be somewhat strained at the moment, and if she was about to cheat on you, she would probably have done it by now, but she hasn't! Again I am no expert, but I say with the greatest of respect, find quality time for each other, and move on from this, and try and put the insecurities behind you :) Time, communication and understanding should help wouldn't you agree :)