• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Need advice!!!

N

Needadvice24

someone I know suffers from anorexia and I’m not sure what I can do to help without medical or professional help. I’ve looked across the internet for advice and it’s all the same stuff so if anyone has any advice with how I can help in the slightest way please let me know it would be greatly apprecasted.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Anorexia is a medical and psychological condition that requires help from pros in those areas. Nothing you can say can help a person with anorexia. They have a distorted view of their body image that cant be helped with logic. If you really care about your friend you'll get them help.

N

Needadvice24

shes already had professional help and she is recovering but I think it’s getting worse again and i know I can’t help using logic I just need advice to Help her in any ways I can as in support wise as I don’t think she wants professional help again and I feel if I discuss that with her she would hate me for it

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Ok well discuss with her the reasons why she is getting back into old habits try to reinforce a positive self image for her. Maybe help her find some diets that she. Can do where she doesnt eat a lot but still gets her nutrition. Maybe do exercise with her to help keep her in shape. (Providing shes eating enough to support that)

N

Needadvice24

I’m trying to get her to eat while being nice about it, so basically just suggesting it. thanks for the workout idea I think I’ll try that. And whenever I try to help I know I need to be careful with what I say but anytime I make the smallest mistake which she takes the wrong way it just makes it worse for me to help. I’m slowly letting her open up at her own pace amd I know it takes time I just want to help her as much as I can while I can. Thanks for your help tho I really appreciate it