Need advice

T

Tyfigh209

I’m 35 and just found out I have BPD. I tried telling my mom since I had to move in with her since moneys tight and jobs are hard to find with my degrees. She didn’t want to hear it and doesn’t think this is anything serious. She then went on to say I’m more like her sister making up things that are wrong with her. I feel alone more than ever and it’s eating at me. I have no other family or dad/dads side. I don’t know what to do. I just discovered this forum last night and was hoping to reach out in some way.

Skynet

Skynet

As a 30-year-old who lives with his parents, I totally understand your situation. I know this may sound funny but could you provide your mom with a psychiatrist's note? At least then she wouldn't accuse you of making things up.

I don't know if BPD is regarded as a disability but if it is, you ought to get a disability pension. Also, do you currently get unemployment insurance? If you get enough money from these two sources, could you rent a room somewhere and live on your own, at least for the time being?

T

Tyfigh209

I’m in one of the highest costing states. I’d love to get my own place but it’s really hard. I don’t have any unemployment coming and I’d have to hire a lawyer for social security disability since they are a certain way about giving benefits.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi , welcome to the forum
there are a number of people here with BPD myself included you won't be alone here I promise xxx