• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

need advice

S

spa_therapist

hi im currently under assessment for mood disorder, there thinking of bipolar, however i have been seeing phsyciatrist weekly for about month and half ish and dont have appointment until week today and havent seen them since week past yesterday, im struggling really bad yesterday and today, mood swings are up and down throughout the day there like mixed up. my good friend died 4 years ago, yesterday evening and this morning i was positive that he was in my room talking to me and it was very real, but after i relised tht he is dead and i could have been dreaming or maybe even hallucinating, should i be very worried? i would seek help to be looked after but very much wish not to get my parents involved at all as they make things worse, i would seriously rather end my life than have them know. i hate talking on the phone and in person discussing and telling people things also, i cant do it, i just put up a massive act and pretend everythings ok when its not. any suggestions?

ralph1

ralph1

Founding Member
I think this is a case where my belief in Depressive illness comes to the fore, Ie, it is lifes events that badly affect people, not chemicals that are all that are all that most Psychies kn ow about. Very often they will let you talk and they will hear you, but they make no effort to understand. You would be well advised to push for a Psychologist. It took me 35 years to get one and when I did he led me through Schema Focus and I was dicharged from the service providors 12 months later. :clap:(y):tea:

S

spa_therapist

thank you, anything i can be doing about the hallucinations though? i feel absolutely terrified by them and disorientated.

S

stxo

i know it's hard but you need to keep yourself occupied. something that takes quite a lot of concentration, try listening to an mp3 player with one headphone in, with it on quiet, so you have to really listen

ralph1

ralph1

Founding Member
thank you, anything i can be doing about the hallucinations though? i feel absolutely terrified by them and disorientated.
I have no experience with Hallucinations or its treatment, but the following link might be of some use :eek:

S

spa_therapist

thanks but what link?