Need advice please help

H

Halstead1997

Hi I'd really appreciate anyone's advice here as I'm feeling miserable and in need of support.

I'm struggling mainly with social anxiety and don't have friends or family for support. I'm worried I might have autism or adhd and have been diagnosed with ocd. These worries ruminate in my head constantly which is miserable and makes me horribly depressed. I also have terrible random moods swings that I haven't learned how to control.

I've tried to make friends over the years but for some reason I can't, or I do but they end up taking advantage of my inability to say no to their requests. So not really any true friends who actually care about my well being. I'm struggling to make it by.. I'm financially independent and 20 years old. I'm so scared to get another job because of having to interact with people. Most days i can barely get out of bed because I have no motivation to keep going on with life. I really need advice on what to do with my life and how to start being able to support myself. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi ,im sorry you don't have friends or family for support-i have very few
you are very welcome here ,i hope you find this place useful
love fairy Lu x

M

MomLeslieM

I'm sorry you're feeling so much anxiety and have all those issues - are you on any medication to try to help your ocd? If not you might want to see a psychiatrist or your general doc. and talk about something because that might also help with your other anxieties and issues as well.

For work, have you tried anything that is work from home via computer? Then you wouldn't have to deal with other people at least face to face. I know there are some scams but there are also some real legitimate options for working at home to support yourself financially.

As to making friends...it's hard but if you can try to make just one true friend that's really all you need! Have you looked for groups or clubs that revolve around activities you like? A shared activity is the first step to a friend!

I hope that things start to turn around for you - glad you reached out here.

G

GEEZERBIRD

halstead1997 hello there. I hear what your saying, I really do. Ive a few issues like yourself about the whole friends thing, but it boils down to trust and these people haven't earned yours. whether its by doing things a real friend shouldn't do or its the way your feeling. either way, todays a new day.
Hi, id like to be a friend for you on here, if you,ll let me. Ive not much to offer you im afraid, only my ear and any time you need as a friend for you. have a think. take your time. this is your life and your goner live it large. Have faith in yourself, you sound a genuine person. hit me back. xo