Need advice on meds

Y

Yellowdiamond

Hi. I take zyprexa for schizophrenic symtoms, cipralex for depression, mirtazapin, imovane and melatonin and sometimes valeriana for sleep. Now i wonder if i could do any changes because ive got more anxiety and more restless. I know all these have side effects. I may be trapping down on zyprexa soon Because my symtoms are better, and ive talked to my doctor. Cipralex im not sure if it helps. Ive also tried valeriana on daytime but i just get tired. Since i dont have anxiety as a diagnosis i just feel more of that, Im also gonna start doing some mindfulness but right now it feels like im getting worse. Need your advice.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I am no expert on medication as I don't think anyone on the forum is. But you are on two antidepressants and that seems to be excessive (the Mirtazepine and the cipralex) I think they can in some cases increase anxiety but I am going on anecdotal evidence not expert evidence. I think from the cocktail you are on that a medication review would be a good idea and see what can be removed and what can stay.

Midfulness is a brilliant thing if done well. Beware of people teaching it who have only done a day course on it. I think anxiety goes with many MH conditions and is a side effect of the conditions often.

:welcome: to the forum

Y

Yellowdiamond

Yeah I know i have a lot of sleep meds imovane is the newest and what works best. Ive just tried a lot sleeping meds because of my insomnia and havent really "decided" for one. Cipralex mirtazapin combo i dont know my doctor havent said anything. But ive decided to trapp down cipralex from tomorrow. Need at least to try some changes and see how it turns out. I have Contact with my doctor regularly so i let him know.