• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Need a partner so much

J

Janeros

Just so you know, I am NOT treating this forum like a dating site. I just wanted to see if there are others like me, who feel this way... I would do anything to find a man who I could rub along happily with, who didn't hold my relationship-free and depressive past against me, who could prop me up emotionally and stick by me, even when I'm miserable, who could possibly give me a child before my biological clock stops ticking (I am 39). I've been hoping for Mr Right but he has never materialised. Any others with the same problem? I'd be interested to hear your feelings on the subject.

N

NrLondonGuy

I feel kind of same but having severe OCD just felt relaitonship/girlfriedn was out of quesiton until I get better. (difficult to explain) Different if you have known someone before it started. For me I just wish I had female company - not even thinking of a girlffriend - just someone who coudl come round, give me a hug, sit on sofa together etc. As feel not ready to start any relaitonship util better woudl be nice to have a good female friend like that. Have had female friends past few years but for whatever reason we fell out and difficult to meet poeple at mo!!!! Will look forwards to being able to feel I can have relationship with someone when better. I do absolutely miss that company.

Last edited:
A

Adi01

It is incredibly difficult. I would luv a soul mate but like many i have suffered from marriage breakup. I married a girl of my dreams, i put my heart and soul of it,but she didnt. Truth is,she never luved me the way i loved her. 15 years later i havent recovered.

I dont want to be lonely but i dont want the agony again of what i lost. Sorry,this sounds a bit misrable but i needed to say it......

J

Janeros

It is incredibly difficult. I would luv a soul mate but like many i have suffered from marriage breakup. I married a girl of my dreams, i put my heart and soul of it,but she didnt. Truth is,she never luved me the way i loved her. 15 years later i havent recovered.

I dont want to be lonely but i dont want the agony again of what i lost. Sorry,this sounds a bit misrable but i needed to say it......
NrLondonGuy, Adio, thanks for your replies.

Adio, that's a crying shame, that you feel you lost the love of your life and can't recover. But this is the place to vent your feelings. I would love to find the safety and security of a loving partner so I wouldn't have to worry again. I wish you both well. :hug: