• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Need a new friend

Solitude1

Solitude1

I feel so depressed and sad. I need a new, kind friend. Anyone who could help.
Just a kind, gentle, honest person.
Just a normal friendship, or whatever you want.
Just long distance relationships.

B

Boring

i had that feeling too. I consider all the dudes here my online friends. i've been trying to get offline friends, but it's not easy. maybe it's because of my lacking social skills, but I don't think non-mentally ill people want to make friends with a mentally ill person. oh well, can't really change who I am. but i also found that it's not easy to find local mentally ill persons who want to make friends. I feel that most mentally ill persons keep their mental illness private.

but i just make do with the little bits of communications I have, especially if pursing friendships offline would make me feel more paranoid than i already am. I feel that I've been outcasted from communities, just trying to find a local friend. and that surprised me because I wasn't looking for women, but rather just a local bud to talk to. regardless, with this mental illness, I just make do with what i receive and work with it.

life is life. i can spend it trying to get new things. but right now i want to enjoy it with the things I already have or even improve the means in which i achieve that joy, with or without communities.

Last edited:
letmein

letmein

hey, I can relate to this... I don't have many (if truth be told, any) friends in the real world I trust and like enough to spend time with. I have afew online friends on facebook, but most live outside the UK.

I tried to make new friends with people at Rethink but found that most of them, while happy to use the services didn't want to make new friends or meet up away fromt he Rethink setting.

so I spend most of my days on my own, like today not seen a sole. but i have to say I think I prefer it this way now.

L

la femme folle

Former member
When you mean friend are you looking for one here? I would be your friend if you wanted. You can send me a friend request if you like. I know it is hard to make real life friends, I have more online than in real life. I find it better to tell online friends personal things than face to face friends.

:hug5:

Solitude1

Solitude1

When you mean friend are you looking for one here? I would be your friend if you wanted. You can send me a friend request if you like. I know it is hard to make real life friends, I have more online than in real life. I find it better to tell online friends personal things than face to face friends.

:hug5:
Yeah I mean friends here and or if possible friends for chatting if you're interested.
Thank you very much, I'll send a friend request