• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Need a friend or two

M

MultipulePDs

I used to work in holiday camps in my early 20s and I'd be going out 3/4 nights a week. I never felt the group I went out with were "real friends", but it felt good to hang out with people. Now I'm 36, I haven't worked for over 12 years, and I am so lonely.

I get really anxious meeting new people with the internal voice saying things like "why would that want to know me". I would however like to try to meet some new people. So if anyone would like to chat I would really like that :)

E

Empty_void

I am lonely too. I have no friends :( Would love to chat about anything!!!

P

Pollypop

Me too!
I have no friends in real life.
But my friends are all here and I value them so much.

You will find friends here too.
We love to chat, share thoughts and feelings.
We can be both serious and have fun.

Hope you will join us and not feel alone.🙂

S

Shay94

Mind if I join in? Only got my partner & my best mate tbh, dont really have anyone else. Feel free to msg me :)

A

AppletreeConfusion

I have absolutely noone, and haven't for some time (in truth). People I reach out to have just jumped on the baswagon and ignored me also. I'm trying to improve my attitude, so if anyone out there sympathises with major depression, lonelinees and wants a friend - just send me a message.:)

Argon

Argon

I have made online friends from other groups that are now defunct. I don't really think it helps much. Most people feel better and disappear. I'm facebook friends with one guy still. It's been 10 years now I think. he was on the old MSN avpd group. Then we went to another site that has died. Now he's not doing groups.

P

Pollypop

Hi to all of you who have joined here.
Been feeling pretty down and lonely recently.
Only have my husband to talk to but he isn’t much of
a conversationalist.
Says he can see what mental health problems “do”
but isn’t able to understand them.

R

Rooooo997

Hi to all of you who have joined here.
Been feeling pretty down and lonely recently.
Only have my husband to talk to but he isn’t much of
a conversationalist.
Says he can see what mental health problems “do”
but isn’t able to understand them.
Hi Pollypop, my husband's the same. What's up?

K

karl7

to all you reading this i have a recommendation.....did you ever consider joining a mental health club......im a member of one and its great fro meeting likeminded people.....mental hea;th clubs are places where mentally ill folk can go to participate in art creative writing drama yoga or group ther apy to name but a few activities, or elese you could just drop infor a coffee and a chat....there s no obligation to do anything you dont want to do.....its open to all with mental illness whether that be depression, social anxiety or sz etc ........look it up or ask your menatl health team......

T

TraceyV

There is a person on here Ydoc2012 who would really benefit from some other contact than what their getting. Please take a look at their post.