Nausea from anxiety

Sharebear

Sharebear

I have had anxiety for over 12 years and have developed a lot of coping mechanisms. I’m on Effexor too which helps. I can talk myself down from my anxiety so it doesn’t escalate but continue to have uncomfortable physical sensations and symptoms that I am just tired of living with. The only anxiety I can’t seem to get a handle on is the driving anxiety which is very limiting and frustrating. I have panic attacks while driving on queensway, highways and left turns of intersections. I feel like I will go crazy and I am trapped. Anyway the general day to day symptom that is bothering me is NAUSEA. I’m so tired of it. I’m grateful that I mostly have my anxiety under control but I don’t want to be nauseous anymore. I notice it’s definitely an issue when I have sort of constantly low grade anxiety like from meetings at work or just wishing I was normal in general. Ugh

S

Sara_1978

It’s awful isn’t it.
I have driving anxiety too.
I can drive fine all around most places but when it comes to motorways I’m a wreck. I imagine all sorts of things happening, it’s just ridiculous.
I also can’t go in the outside lane if it’s going round a corner as I always feel like the cars going to tip up.
It must be horrible living with the nausea, my thing that I find difficult to cope with is the palpitations.
Hope things settle for you soon x