• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Natural treatment for schizophrenia

J

jimrandle

There are natural treatments for schizophrenia. There is Orthomolecular Psychiatry pioneered by Professor Abram Hoffer (1917-2009) and he recommends mega-vitamin therapy. You basically need Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) 1,000mg three times a day and Vitamin C 1,000mg three times a day and maybe other vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients (plant based nutrients). He has written several books including 'Orthomolecular Treatment for Schizophrenia', 'Niacin the Real Story' and 'Orthomolecular Medicine for Everyone'. He has also written a book called 'The Hallucinogens' but you would need to be a PhD to understand it. Also my favourite treatment is Ozonated Water. You just need an Ozone Generator which you can buy from Amazon so once you have one its very cheap to run unless you get the advanced one with an Oxygen cylinder. Finally there is PEMF (Pulsed Electro Magnetic Field' which is expensive if you want a really good one. We didn't evolve to need Pharmaceuticals, they are not natural.

N

natalie

well, I have vouched for many many years, that music is the best natural medicine there is apart from prescribed medication. I am in a posiiton, as I am on call, however looking for a more permanent volunteering role, placement set up though, i can listen to music help counteract my hearing voices, certainly large gathering groups of heard voices, to control paranoia, mild forms of.

Also, I'll workout in fitness, to fitness dvds, presently during the winter only, come the spring, I'll evolve in to class attendances.

I also do take vitamin supplements, however, I in the earlier years had to have been put on to medication for controlling my szchiophrenia, conditions, and I have been more stablised and balanced within these years, i would be very much lost, without my medication for the purposes of szchiophrenia mild forms of.

J

jimrandle

Abram Hoffer cured more people of schizophrenia than anyone else on the planet. How many schizophrenic cures do you know of? Nutrition is the latest paradigm shift in medicine. New ideas are often rejected at first. Main stream medicine has been very hostile towards using natural means ie Nutrition. There's an interesting book called 'The China Study' by Dr T Colin Campbell. His science will shock you. Pharmaceuticals only treat the symptoms and not the cause, whereas nutrition treats the cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
GhostBoyLost

GhostBoyLost

I find mindful meditation has worked very well for me

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Hogwash. All it takes is patience, grit and dirt in your eye!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i can't help thinking those who post about such things are selling snakeoil cures and hoping to make money out of vulnerable people, the guys given a link to a website where i suspect you'll find things for sale

on the other hand there was a article in new scientist recently some bacteria in the gut can produce neurotrabsmitters and the vagus nerve goes straight to the brain

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jimrandle

I didn't realise that just mentioning a link was out of order. None of those links are trying to sell you anything. I was only trying to help. As for snake oil cures I suffer from terrible arthritis and I purchased the Paddison Program for rheumatoid arthritis and went from hobbling around the house in agony and suicidal with it to being able to resume my shopping trip walking all around town. Its basically a vegan diet and it really works. I also suffer from LSD psychosis (schizophrenia) which has never been helped much by anti-psychotic drugs but natural treatment has caused some improvement which I've never had before. I've tried stopping the Niacinamide and I became dizzyingly high and it was unbearable but I started taking it again and life is much more liveable. If you try nutrition you might become a convert to the subject.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
equally if i try nutrition i might end up in the bin, anyway diet isn't an option on my money at least the meds are free at the moment

J

jimrandle

Well you are entitled to your opinion so lets agree to differ.