Natural solution for Sleep

C

Cielo

Do you have any better option to deal with Sleep(Insomnia) have tried Passion flower drops,Melatonin....I am Clonazepam from past 2 years and want to come out from that and go with some natural remedies.. your help would be greatly appreciated

J

johnram

I find exercise useful, but a friend swears by Melatonin

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I have temazepam. It does make me sleep for 8 hours but I wake up with a fog brain for half the day. The best thing for me is I take lorazepam and I get about 4/5 hours and wake up refreshed . Like this morning. But am only allowed 14 a month

N

natalie

If you are able to, I would try listening to musicals and music, before retiring for the night, and also, even during the night and can't sleep music could help.

Yes, also, and I'll agree, I have just worked out to my fitness dance workout dvd, so I know that excercise shall help me sleep better, overnight.

N

natalie

Hi, Daffy,

I can sympat hise that you are limited for the amount you have is a fortnight worth. I had that problem as well, for my Lorezapam, what I disliked about it was, and I had with parents, a near miss incident happen on cruise holiday, I only just took the Lorezapam nighttime dose, and i tjust didn't work, I prefer and swear by long acting daily medication. I haven't looked back to Lorezaapm, not since starting off the Pregabalin.

I would maybe try to switch to Pregabalin, it's a long term/permanent medication, and I happily swear by it.

I oriignally ordered it, for Travel anxiety for away on holidays including air t ravel, however, find it useful, for travelling to and from volunteering, and shopping. I take 1 a day at the moment, nearer to holiday though, I'll be able to increase the dose to twice a day for extra help, from Pregabalin. The next time you speak with your doctor, mention Pregabalin, and see how you'll get on.

Take care now.

J

Jules5

Hi Cielo. I came across a Thunderstorm video on YouTube and it works great if I keep it on during sleep. I love the rain and sound of thunder that is one thing I still enjoy. As for almost everything else rather I am sleeping or awake I have the depressive feelings of my mental health decline. I am on the road to recover slowly but will get there Through faith in God and help from the outside. I seem to have crawled into a shell and refuse to come out.

Hope you find what will work best for you. Hugs and Good sleep Jules

G

gam9147

Valerian root is also another herbal for natural sleep. These are not extremely powerful though so you will need to work on other activities as well if you have a lot of trouble.

Exercise (but not within an hour or so of bedtime) is a good idea to tire your body, and also helps with anxiety. Meditation, and there are guided bedtime meditations on youtube you can try as well.

C

Cielo

Thank you for all the responses.
- Yes excercise is so effective, issue is focusing on that or lack of motivation
-temazepam - Fog brain ,will impact the work
-I am on Pregalbin , though I use it for anxiety it gives great relief ,so confidence.and sometime it will not work not sure the reason, is the med for Sleep as well? can we take before bed? I tried though when I woke up and it made me so drowsy not able to walk and sometimes not able to stand as well...share your inputs please
-Tried warm milk,tea,Passion flower...there was some relief
- is Valerian and ginseng same?
-

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi, Daffy,

I can sympat hise that you are limited for the amount you have is a fortnight worth. I had that problem as well, for my Lorezapam, what I disliked about it was, and I had with parents, a near miss incident happen on cruise holiday, I only just took the Lorezapam nighttime dose, and i tjust didn't work, I prefer and swear by long acting daily medication. I haven't looked back to Lorezaapm, not since starting off the Pregabalin.

I would maybe try to switch to Pregabalin, it's a long term/permanent medication, and I happily swear by it.

I oriignally ordered it, for Travel anxiety for away on holidays including air t ravel, however, find it useful, for travelling to and from volunteering, and shopping. I take 1 a day at the moment, nearer to holiday though, I'll be able to increase the dose to twice a day for extra help, from Pregabalin. The next time you speak with your doctor, mention Pregabalin, and see how you'll get on.

Take care now.
Thanks Natalie , I’m having big problems with anxiety at the moment and my pdoc and CPN are looking into alternatives. I will check that one (pregabalin) out but I have to be careful that it doesn’t affect my blood sugars too much because of the diabetes.

Daf

G

gam9147

Melatonin and Velerian are the first two you should try for natural remedies. Ginseng is different, that usually gives energy rather than makes you tired. Melatonin and Valerian have almost no side effects except sleepiness of course (for most people, you never know until you try it of course).

I highly recommend that plus breathing exercises, and physical exercise. Also try to keep your sleep as regular as possible. If none of that works well enough then go to the prescriptions, in my humble opinion of course.

There is also progressive muscle relaxation as a relaxation technique, and meditation. The later takes some practice of course.