• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Natural, non toxic mood stabilizers!

• Thread starter TheHeartHasAVoice
  • Start date
T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder a few years ago. I have come across some interesting information since then as I decided to study mental health after that.

I can say one thing that continues to amaze me. There are some incredibly, incredibly, simple and powerful mood stabilizers that are very cost effective. How do I know this? I have been logging my moods for quite some time now to build my own statistical analysis and here are some consistent insights that are also established in the scientific community too. Something about lithium I realised today as well.

Did you know water has lithium in it? Just like one of the most well known pharmaceuticals Lithium Carbonate? Lithium carbonate is a concentrated form and can be toxic that's why it needs testing to make sure your organs don't get damaged. It is definitely good in life and death situations as mania used to kill people due to exhaustion.

But to be honest with you, Water, Fasting and Sleep hyigene I have found to have incredible mood stabilizing properties. Today I decided to do a semi fast again and just drink mostly water, plant products and I basically had a huge reduction in what I usually eat of my caloric quantities. I also slept really well. These three choices have shown consistent mood stabilizing properties for me and i was shocked to learn that lithium is a naturally occurring metal in water. By fasting your body also removes the unhealthy energy in your body. These two dietary choices impact the gut brain connection by lightening the burden on it. It's like the gut breathes and so does your brain. You calm down. That's exactly how lithium carbonate works, in the stomach and then you calm down.

I was also surprised to learn that there is a lot on YouTube now about the Gut brain connection and how people who have mood disorders should check their diets and dietary habits.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I have also noticed the pull towards identifying with thoughts is hardly there or not bothersome. Your stomach health has an incredible impact on mood regulation.

ViolentWavesofEmotion

ViolentWavesofEmotion

One of my worst habits is not drinking enough water. The meds I am on make my mouth incredibly cry, so I am only drinking minimal amounts of water. That's something I am going to have to make a priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
ViolentWavesofEmotion

ViolentWavesofEmotion

I didn't mean I can go without for that long without recourse. I am saying, habitually, I can. It's not a good habit. I even stated that in my original post. If I am going to be censored that way, let me know so I can leave this forum.

K

Keesha

There’s certainly a brain connection to what you eat and the micro-organisms in the gut so I try to be careful of what I eat. Even when I eat cake it’s gluten free and completely vegan as well as the frozen dessert. It’s dairy free. As far as supplements that help stabilize, I use Magnesium Bisglycinate and 5 htp but I don’t really get full manic episodes any more.

G

goodgollymiss

I watched a yoga teacher say that we have a second brain in our stomach. He may be Thich. I feel great since I brush my teeth between meals and dont snack between meals. I may be able to save my teeth. I can think more now that I eat less