• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Natural Highs (drug free)...

Q

quality factor

What gives you that 'Natural High' feeling, that is, not drug induced....

For me..a good walk with my dog...it's the old exercise thing...

qf.

schiz01

schiz01

Exercise is a good way to get the natural endorphins in your body going.

Laughing is also another good one

M

maudikie

maudikie

Wheredoes your mind go? It obviously comes back, so I shouldn't worry too much. What sort of dog have you?

Q

quality factor

Wheredoes your mind go? It obviously comes back, so I shouldn't worry too much. What sort of dog have you?
Yes it comes back fortunately!, it goes with the feelings of derealisation which I get frequently...not a nice experience.

I have a one year old Border Terrier.

qf.

emski

emski

Hmm natural highs... certain songs played at certain volumes, especially whilst driving e.g. on motorway - I get a proper pure elated feeling from that.

I always say swimming - it doesn't give me a high as such, but I feel FREE in water :)

R

rasselas

What gives you that 'Natural High' feeling, that is, not drug induced....

For me..a good walk with my dog...it's the old exercise thing...

qf.
I'm with you on that one. Long brisk and arduous walks through the rolling hills of Derbyshire. Jane Austen said there was no finer county in England than Derbyshire. Now who could possibly disagree with her on that? :)

oneday

oneday

- :) Yes, exercise does it for me - particular swimming and running or just walking. Love swimming in the sea when it's warm enough, and in open air ponds like the ones on Hampstead Heath we have in London - swimming along by the swans and grebes! wow

- Also being out in nature generally. The trees, the sky, birds, flowers, the glimpse of a wild animal...

- And doing or saying something that's been appreciated by someone, and feeling I've helped.

- And dare I say it? Making love with er.. someone I love.

S

saltybabel

Music, getting tattoos, having a really good day at work, overtaking other cars, massages, sex, laughter, a spicy curry!

Oh - and the ocean... snorkelling is THE best high ever, epecially when i see sting-rays or sharks or other interesting creatures....

C

coraline1664

-

Seeing sharks whilst snorkelling?? I applaud your bravery... :cool: it'd be a natural low for me I tell you :LOL:
A certain song at the right time can give me a feeling similar to enlightenment, it can make me cry with relief or unable to stop grinning and I always feel better for it.
Having a really interesting chat with someone whilst free of inhibitions (though very rare these these days)
When I have just one drink. (actually that's drug induced I suppose)
Evening walks, I feel really imaginative and excited when I do.
When I get a sudden rush of creativity, I can't get my ideas out fast enough and feel very strong...
Doing anything nice for my partner
Teaching myself new things.

Last edited:
R

rasselas

Why I didn't mention this before I don't know; most likely because it's not really something I can exercise control over.

There is a natural high I experience that is so intense, so primal and overwhelming, I find it hard to describe.

Let's begin with a pic...

full_moon.jpg

Diana. Full in her glory. She makes me go high, intensely high. It can sometimes be very overwhelming.

I don't obsess about the phases of the moon. Fair enough I'm frequently out walking and so will always have a good idea how close a full moon is becoming. Maybe I'm whipping myself up, maybe I'm building up expectations. I don't think so. There have been times I've not gone out for days on end and I've sensed it, the glowing white orb sending her strange energies to me. And I've stepped outside and there she is, and I can feel these energies so intimately, so strongly.

lunacy 1540s, "condition of being a lunatic," formed in English from lunatic (q.v.). Originally in reference to intermittent periods of insanity, such as were believed to be triggered by the moon's cycle.
From Old French lunatique, from Late Latin lunaticus ("moonstruck"), derived from Latin luna ("moon").
:)

C

coraline1664

-

I'm the same Mark. I always seem to know to look on the days the moon is full even though I hadn't been keeping track of it's phases at all.
And great picture. I saw a wall clock once that was a photo of the moon like that, with black hands. I would have loved it but it could do with some numbers really. ;)

Last edited:
A

Affective

Why I didn't mention this before I don't know; most likely because it's not really something I can exercise control over.

There is a natural high I experience that is so intense, so primal and overwhelming, I find it hard to describe.

Let's begin with a pic...

full_moon.jpg

Diana. Full in her glory. She makes me go high, intensely high. It can sometimes be very overwhelming.

I don't obsess about the phases of the moon. Fair enough I'm frequently out walking and so will always have a good idea how close a full moon is becoming. Maybe I'm whipping myself up, maybe I'm building up expectations. I don't think so. There have been times I've not gone out for days on end and I've sensed it, the glowing white orb sending her strange energies to me. And I've stepped outside and there she is, and I can feel these energies so intimately, so strongly.

:)
I love that picture. To me, it looks like the Moon is made of ice, and it has cracks in it. Looks amazing :)

schiz01

schiz01

I'm getting visuals please explain

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoIv4gUIiDE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoIv4gUIiDE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

megirl

megirl

For me at the moment the thing is sleep deprivation. Everything looks bloody fantastic lifes that much better