• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Natural Anxiety Medication

D

Dr.michel

There are many people that suffer from anxiety symptoms and many people try to live without help. It is quite normal to endure a certain amount of anxiety in your day to day life but if it gets to a point where it is a serious burden and you feel as if you are losing control it would be time to seek help. Medical professionals will be able to help with anxiety and panic symptoms through the use of cognitive behavioral therapy. This therapy will help get the root of the problems that you have with anxiety.

Therapy is often paired with anxiety medication. Natural anxiety medication is an option to think about and discuss with your counselor. Natural options are increasingly popular because you need not worry about dependence or whether or not a synthetic drug is harmful to your body. Often times natural anxiety medication can prove to be a healthier option for you.

Some of the natural medications available are the same ones that are used to treat insomnia. Insomnia and anxiety go hand in hand in many anxiety patients. This is because it is common to suffer from anxiety at night and when you find that you are in a panicked state or simply just over thinking things your brain will have a difficult time coming into a resting state. Popular anxiety herbs include the use of Kava Kava and Valerian root.

Passionflower is a popular remedy as well but it does come with side effects that are common of many medications such as nausea and drowsiness. You should be sure to not take passionflower or any natural anxiety medication with any other medication.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
My goodness, are you actually a doctor??? Do you honestly think the people on this forum haven't tried CBT or psychiatrists or any of the things you suggested?? Valerium?? My God - thats as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!! Kava Kava - see last!! I apologise if I'm being obtuse but I do believe you have never suffered from any severe insomnia or depression if you can suggest such niave methods!!

PS my husband wants to know if you have a cure for heartburn??

H

HONEYSWEET

lol, that made me laugh :D

though remember emac1 that some people on here mite not no that info and it could work for some but for the majority of us it wouldnt (herbs) and doctors dont want to give us help cbt etc ive asked and asked and asked!

how bout the doc gives us treatment on here? how bout it Dr.michel?

:clap:

invise

invise

I tried some natural herbal stuff before seeing the doc, didnt do a thing. Not gonna say what I tried incase people do, because ive been told some of it ballses up some medicines.

Emac: You know that gaviscon stuff you get for heartburn - its rubbish! But it makes a cracking hangover cure!!!

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Thank you Honey, I aim to please!! I do apologise - I had a bad day yesterday and the thought of valerium just got on my goat!! I will retract and say i'm sure these methods do work for some people!!

ps invise, gaviscon just make me barf if i've got a hangover!!

H

HONEYSWEET

Thank you Honey, I aim to please!! I do apologise - I had a bad day yesterday and the thought of valerium just got on my goat!! I will retract and say i'm sure these methods do work for some people!!

ps invise, gaviscon just make me barf if i've got a hangover!!
hi emac1, hope yr feeling better 2day, doctors do yr head in init, they no nothing lol (i dont like them much, they misdiagnosed me for 15 yrs!!!!!

ive tried herby stuff and it didnt work but just found out i was takin the min dose im now going to research all and find the safe max dose and make a magic mixture lol no idea if it will work but i have no gp cant get 1 cos all out of are except 1 which every1 hates!!, i reported 1 of doc as he was a perv so i will never go back to that place. r u a horsey person? spose it doesnt matter if yr not really. theres a calmer for horses thats called instant magic and i ve heard its really good, the main ingredience is magnesium, maybe yr thinking magnesium that wont work!! but the reasearch ive been doing today shows magnesium is very powerful, too much and it can stop yr heart!! so doseage gota be rite. the horse calmer comes in a seringe and is given orally, u can but it over the counter so is safe for horses. im gona do the reasearch and then mimic it into a safe but max dose for me(y) also gona add other calming herbs and see if that works. u prob do but did u know drug attually come from plants then they mess it up and make it have side effects!! so if u get the rite dose of eveything put together i mite have my own magic solution!! lol keeps me busy anyway:p

anyway how r u today hun?

xx

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Not too bad - went to pysch and they changed my meds to risperadone, mirtazipine and zopiclone. I'll stick to the hard drugs!!

H

HONEYSWEET

lol, zopiclone is good but they dont seem to keep u on them for long as there addictive. i wonder what plant zopiclone is made out of i wonder! lol

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
They don't really work that well with me, I drop off ok but I still wake up after an hour or so. With the change in meds I am looking forward to a couple of weeks of blissful oblivion until I get used to them and they stop working!! Its a terrible cycle!! I've only got the zopis for 2 weeks till my other meds kick in.

H

HONEYSWEET

aww hun sounds like yr having hard time, hope things pick up soon:hug:

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
och, i'm actually not too bad just now!! its just the cycle of my life!!

J

jdohe

hmm... Dr. Michel?

obviously Dr. Michel is not a doctor. that is a no-no. Representing oneself as a doctor could hurt people.

I appreciate that this Dr. Michel actually took the time to offer some help though. There are very few people who offer any suggestions. What he suggests is probably not that effective, but is at least as good as a placebo and somewhat harmless. The problem with prescription medications is that the do affect the patient in significant ways... both good and bad. Many times the bad effects don't justify the good effects. Personally, I am against taking any medication long-term. I feel that medications should be used short-term as a last resort to avoid surgery or to promote healing. Developing a chemical dependency is always a bad thing. Of course some people require permanent long-term meds, but they should be aware that this is like using crutches or a wheelchair for mobility. Always consider whether the treatment is worse than the problem itself.

Another issue with OTC medications is that quite often, their potency and quality is so low that even if those herbs, etc. did work, they aren't going to work because of their quality. One example I have for this is marshmallow root. Many years ago I had a problem and it was suggested that I try marshmallow root. I did and it did not work, but then tried again out of desperation, but with a different manufacturer and it worked great. In general, I have found that injected meds work best, then liquids, then capsules. Tablets seem to be poorly absorbed.

One last comment about meds. My father does some very bad things such as take OTC's without telling his doctor about them. This is very bad because the OTC meds often interfere with other things or manifest uncommon symptoms which would not result from eating food but do result from these unusual concoctions. Another bad thing he does is not tell his doctor that he is not taking the medications his doctor prescribes to him. For example, he insists he has high blood pressure (he does not) however he got his doctor to prescribe him high blood pressure pills. Since his blood pressure is barely over normal, he often doesn't take the pills at all, but his doctor is assuming that his blood pressure is as high as it is WITH taking those pills. When he does take the pills, he only takes 1/4 of the dose his doctor has prescribed. When he takes the full dose, he has severe side-effects, but again, he doesn't tell his doctor what he is doing!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Anxiety Forum 0
blog15 Anxiety Forum 0
R Anxiety Forum 1
U Anxiety Forum 4
M Anxiety Forum 8