• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Names

parker

parker

Whats the name behind your voice, i've seen some intresting ones so far:)

By the way mine is Voice Box. I think its a strange name:rolleyes:

R

rabina

Hi Parker,

I thought you had more than one voice, but that is unusual for a name.

I don't ask the voice for it's name anymore, but it did give it to me once and it was -----I'll never tell.

parker

parker

That’s right I had seven different voices at the beginning. 5 women voices & 2 men.
After about a month into this I noticed or it finally dawned that the voices never overlapped. Two of the women voices could sing in tandem together so it sounded like two singing at the same time.

I started questioning why none of the voices overlapped so the characters started disappearing, but it did try to bring them back a few times but I was already on to the game so it made me laugh when it tried.

So now I’m just down to one, I’m still amazed though at the amount of talent in this area. And at what great lengths they will go through to fool there victim.

T

Tim Norman

Although there may seem to be several "actors" or voices talking all the time..... they seem to only be able to transmit/convey/carry on one conversation at a time.

Names/voices used are largely based on selective memory. That is they "take" the voices of those people I have heard speak.

Tim

H

Holofreq

Hi Parker,
I have many voices.. I stopped trying to keep track of them.
I guess it's more than 10, but less than 20.
They've given me many names over the years.
some are:
Angela
DeeDee
Tom
Nick
Bryan
Jenny
Warlock
Miranda
Mo Arsino
On and on.. they've spewed so much gibberish. None of it worth a lick.

To me now, the only name for them is adversary.
Let the golden age begin, and rid the world of this nonsense.

Take care,
Holofreq

S

Spirit

The more I acknowledge them the more solid they seem inside my head. I'm new here, I only realized that I've been hearing voices in my head for a long time like last night. When I sat down and tried to hold still and figure out what was going on inside my head I realized that there are two, maybe three that I can pick apart clearly.

Teacher and Destroyer. There's also a really small one but she might just be my thoughts... it's so bad right now that I'm not entirely sure what's my thoughts sometimes, at least with this one... she's Fraidy Cat.

T

terri

Good morning Spirit

You sound so much better this morning.

Yes, she is a Fraidy Cat, what a good name for her. For true, keep up the good work. You warring this morning with lots of bad voices? It's all about the vibes, go get yourself lots and lots of soapy suds up to your neck after lots of cleaning the house, get yourself moving, that normally works around here and what's more those evil spirits hate the vacuum cleaner and microwave, I'ved friend a few in there, metaphorically speaking that is, I well remember when I was alone and cooking peas in the microwave and the evil spirits said for God's sake shut the microwave off you are frying my brains, so I did no more than carry on and laugh my head off, metaphorically speaking, because I realised that you have just gotta carry on and what strong men there are out there for women like us.

Take care Spirit,

I am off dancing and then for a swim and a sauna and will lie back in the jaccuzzi and will not be able to stop myself from smiling when the girls get jealous because I am taking up rathr a lot of room and then they will try to chuck me out not unlike the germans with their towels, strong smell of cat poo and the cat is going nuts

and that's not me, it was our Dave. I must just add that isn't it rather obvious they are shooting Daves now over in Kings Lynn right next door to rather a famous Auntie from the Howard Line, had a moggie shot with a wait for it, bow and arrow, not unlike robin hood, right through his neck and out of his shoulder. Moggie, alright, scumbag world, are starting to kill the cats. No David here then, good job we are now ickes, and not pussies for real. Clock that. the man who did that to that cat or boy and now for sure it is not a girl, and get the timer startede. Boil yourself an egg at the same time, all of 4 minutes for soft boiling. Must really take off fferr, and will do that in Slov. Hoffer here I come, choo cho, chucky egg time on its way, not been up since half past four not like some who can't goo to sleep, got too hyper, expect they will call out NOT THE CRASH TEAM, will dose off later on I am sure. Bye bye world

Annebereehowe

Mawie x

S

Spirit

Doing much better today. My mp3 player is my friend, the louder it is or the more focused I can get myself on the lyrics of my music the harder it is to hear them. :)

parker

parker

Doing much better today. My mp3 player is my friend, the louder it is or the more focused I can get myself on the lyrics of my music the harder it is to hear them. :)
Do you have a echo filter on your computer? I've added echo to the music i listen to when i sleep, and it stops the voices cold:) Plus you wouldn't have to play it as load.

It would be intresting to see if this works with others.

S

Spirit

Echo filter? Not that I know of but I'll have to look into it. I don't always have to play it loud- though I do gradually turn the volume up if I'm having trouble concentrating on other things (I don't like to blast my ears out if I can help it). On bad days when I can't focus I like to listen to things with a lot of uplifting lyrics that repeat themselves, sometimes I need to listen to things with a lot of instruments in the background so there isn't space for anything else to go on inside my head. Other times I need to listen to softer music or music with no words at all. It depends on the mood inside my head. I have a separate playlist for each and everyone of them.

H

happiness12

happiness12

my two voices one i call is the devil in my head and is male my second voice is female and sounds like my mother. which they are both negative and want me dead. to fail in everthing i tried and do there is a voice that comes to my rescue when i am in risky behaviour by either overdozing or running away when i can't control my voices or anger and parania and i don't want to hurt anyone. sara the voice comes to my rescue and i usually try and get help. the devil constanly tells me i evil and that people hate my guts that people are following me also neighbours are plotting against me taht the mental health team hate me that evil i am and hurt others they also go on about my relationship with steve and my children i know im evil anything and everthing i do making desions i m also tired all the time because i listen to them i never feel good int he morining because i never slept well. i see things about my past can't swicth of before i go to bed everthing on that day goes round in circles and cirles voices questions everthing recently i ve closed my eyes abd seen colours and patterns im scared because i never had these before i look at myself in the mirror and try and think of postive htings but knowing i feel discusted with my body and and selfyesterday went out to liverpool feeling unwell it was on wedding anniversary i tried to buy my parnter a present and every suggestion he didnt want anything that i suggested i was angry and hurt because he wanted to go around more shops and i felt panicky sick and voices i had to get home sometimes telling your parnter about your voices doesnt always help because they think you should have it under control and i don;t i love him but i cant fight him and my voices also take care happiness12

T

ThePayingRoomate

I just call them all roommates. I just wish the jerks would help me out on the rent. So far, no luck.

F

foska

Hi everybody!
I havent gave a name to my voices yet... ;P
I make 2 difference about my voices. Sometimes they are from myself & sometimes they are from the people around me.
When I'm alone I don't hear voices! It's curious.
They appear always when I'm with people..
So, maybe a lot of names when they are like telepathics, I mean when they come from from another people... despite they are myself too.
I'm performing acrobatics with their!!!
I think that is a good name for all of them. They are called from now "acrobatics". ;P
And the voices from "myself-self"... I will see!

Nice to meet this forum.
I'm feeling better to share myself here.
Have a good nite or day!
C ye!
foska*