• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Name Calling!!!!

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi to everyone, have been lurking for a couple of months and now need to ask for a little advice - not sure if I am in the right forum(move if necessary)

I have been being treated with antidepressants for 18 months. My depression is secondary to physical illnesses. I was working until last summer, and looking after 3 teenagers alone, as my husband was away, but now permanently back with us all.

My depression is also blamed on my hypothyroidism - have been taking Thyroxine for 20 years (but I haven't been depressed for 20 years I think)

I am married to a good man, usually good natured/generous etc, but boy can he sulk. Not only that, but if he is 'mad' with me and it doesn't take much, he won't speak to me for about 3 or more days. For the last few weeks if we have a difference of opinion - not a row, he starts shouting at me and calling me names which is really really upsetting me. Last night it was I was C*ap, I am EV*L, and the latest worse name is I am M*N*AL.

He is an educated man always had a well paid job, and retired early because he wanted too, I did not ask him too because I was unwell at the time.
He does not have a lot of time on his hands, as he is always in the garden, shopping, going to the gym etc. etc. We have been together for a long time, I am wondering if he is going thro' the male menopause????

I have spoken to him lots of times and said how it really upsets me when he stops speaking to me, no response :( Today I have stayed out of his way and done some sewing. Wednesday I am out most of the day, as I meet up at the leisure centre with others.

Any help advice would be welcome :)

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Hello Libra1

:welcome: to this forum, it's a good place for advice and support and bursting with friendly folk, great that you found us :D

Coventry, the place your OH seems to like sending you, is a place I know well. I get subjected to doses of Coventry for up to six months at a time from my sister and other family members and I've grown used to it and in fact relish these times because of the peace they bring.

What has taken me an awful long time to learn is that these 'punishments' are bullying, just as name calling, threats of physical violence etc etc is.

Bullying must be defeated, that is my advice. I have failed to change my relatives behaviour, probably because they have seen how effective Coventry has been at getting me to tow the line and get back in my corner, so I changed my own. I no longer care whether they send me to coventry or not because I refuse to give in to bullying. For me, the bottom line is, I mentally detach from them. I no longer care what they think of me or what they do to me. It's either that or allow myself to regular bouts of rejection and deepening lack of self-worth.

Who needs that cr*p :flowers:

Love & Light Libra1, I take it you were born around October just like me. We are such balanced people eh?

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Thank you for replying, yes you are right twice over. 15th is my bday, the 5 was missed off my name when I registered.!You are also correct in stating it is bullying within my relationship, just wish I could deal with it better - perhaps tommorow when I have got some extra enddorphins after my exercise etc.:)

Love your scales - I looked for them, but do not know how to have them as 'my' avatar.:)

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Scales

Here you are Libra, you should be able to rip this pic below.

Purple Libra.jpg

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Thank you Ashami, fiddled a bit and finally. :)

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hi there Libra and :welcome:

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Thanks for the welcome, and I am off to bed now. Good night :)

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Libra1 :)

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi

Hi, Daffy, Fedup, Aotheosis and Dollit.Thank you all for your warm welcome, already feel as tho' I am amongst good friends.

Will be posting to diff. threads soon, and look forward every day to the 'blogs'. Don't usually come online until 9 - 10pm each evening, and my scatty 5 month old male kitten is here with me too. His name is Harry, my daughter calls him Harriet, and when we are trying to get him in from outside - poor thing gets called Hari Krishna, Harry Potter, and Harriet!

Don't know what the neighbours think of us? :mad:

Have had an alright day today I suppose, dissapionted @ w/w stayed the same and have hardly eaten all week (only about 1 stone to lose from start to finish) 27 tabs per day do not help, but DO for other illnesses!
Went to aerobics and it was all dance steps to Cha Cha Chaaaaaaa - did my head in, I moaned at the end of the class, if I wanted to dance I'd have joined a dance class! Aqua was great as always, and today for once I had plenty of room and didn't get kicked by anyone thankfully.

Am off for a look around.:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Depression Forum 2
B Depression Forum 1