• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Name and Shame

R

riverofdragons

I hope this doesnt offend anyone here but I wanted to say something about Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge. I should say that the treatment I have received there is first class but my problem is with the grounds management.

When I went for my psychiatrist appointment today I left early to allow time to park and get into the building. I am disabled and can only walk about 50metres before I am in extreme pain, therefore I am a blue badge holder.

There are normally about 30 disabled spaces from which I can manage to make it to the clinic....today 26 of those spaces had been closed down for the mamogram trailers. I seriously believe that these trailers save lives but did they really have to put them on all the disabled parking spaces??

If I could walk from the general patient car park, afford a taxi or was able to use the bus and walk half a mile from the stop, then I would, but I cant. Everytime I have been to the hospital these spaces have been well used, so they cannot claim they are always vacant...its not the case.

Well after driving around for 40mins I was lucky and got a space, but a lot of others would not have done today.

Just another thing that makes me feel like a second class citizen...

T

TabbyToes

I used to work at Addenbrookes many years ago. It would have been nice to think that things had changed over the years... I guess not...

I'm sorry for what you've had to deal with today. Have you been up to writing a letter of complaint to the management? I'd have made sure that my psychiatrist knew of the situation personally...

R

riverofdragons

I am having an internal struggle about whether i should complain or not. Part of me wants to but part of me says dont make a fuss, expend your energy filling in the housing benefit form on your desk or deal with yours debts.

I was prescribed anti-psychotics today, so my mind has been taken over with that for now...

T

TabbyToes

I think you're getting things in the right order... the HB form and your debts are more important... you can think about the letter once you have those sorted.