• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Name and Shame

R

riverofdragons

I hope this doesnt offend anyone here but I wanted to say something about Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge. I should say that the treatment I have received there is first class but my problem is with the grounds management.

When I went for my psychiatrist appointment today I left early to allow time to park and get into the building. I am disabled and can only walk about 50metres before I am in extreme pain, therefore I am a blue badge holder.

There are normally about 30 disabled spaces from which I can manage to make it to the clinic....today 26 of those spaces had been closed down for the mamogram trailers. I seriously believe that these trailers save lives but did they really have to put them on all the disabled parking spaces??

If I could walk from the general patient car park, afford a taxi or was able to use the bus and walk half a mile from the stop, then I would, but I cant. Everytime I have been to the hospital these spaces have been well used, so they cannot claim they are always vacant...its not the case.

Well after driving around for 40mins I was lucky and got a space, but a lot of others would not have done today.

Just another thing that makes me feel like a second class citizen...

T

TabbyToes

I used to work at Addenbrookes many years ago. It would have been nice to think that things had changed over the years... I guess not...

I'm sorry for what you've had to deal with today. Have you been up to writing a letter of complaint to the management? I'd have made sure that my psychiatrist knew of the situation personally...

R

riverofdragons

I am having an internal struggle about whether i should complain or not. Part of me wants to but part of me says dont make a fuss, expend your energy filling in the housing benefit form on your desk or deal with yours debts.

I was prescribed anti-psychotics today, so my mind has been taken over with that for now...

T

TabbyToes

I think you're getting things in the right order... the HB form and your debts are more important... you can think about the letter once you have those sorted.