• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Mystery Illness?

M

MininiM

So, I'm suspected of having BPD after having a talk with a psychologist.
I told my parents, but now my mom (She a nurse on a Mental health unit) believes I don't, because I had a proper and normal childhood. I did.

I mentioned the emigration when I was 12, but that'd be Trauma, ergo PTSD.

The only thing that I know of that'd match PTSD would be my anxiety, but it doesn't explain why I feel the way I feel, nor why I behave, and think, like I do.

Oh well, whatever.
It's just incredibly frustrating

JessisMe

JessisMe

I had the perfect child hood and I am absolute walking train wreck. I think that your upbringing has some but not all to do with it. If it’s any consolation. I’m surprised
that your mother puts so much on upbringing. I think it’s always been one the other or sometimes both. xo, j

M

MininiM

I think it's rather a combination of us emigrating and everything that has happened after. It was like a new world. From the city to the countryside, a language I didn't speak, a whole different school system, and I felt incredibly different from my peers.
I never told my parents about anything negative, as to seem like there's nothing wrong.

Now I'm awkward, socially incompetent, no real sense of self and my confidence is basically non-existent. I also can't get shit done by myself. I'll do it sloppy, or I don't do anything. Just waiting for it to pass, and that's when my parents need to step in.