• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

myself and partners health x

K

Keesha

Rub some Vicks on his chest and sleep on the couch? 🤷‍♀️ I hope he gets better soon.

E

EclipticNight

You do realise there is such a thing as patient confidentiality, albeit this is an anonymous forum you really shouldn`t be talking about your partners condition, it`s not for you to discuss, even on a forum.
Give the poor guy a break, he has a right to privacy and doesn`t have to share one iota of information if he doesn`t want to. Most definitely you have no right to badger him, no wonder there are arguments between you.

Get yourself some proper therapy and work on this dependency on this guy, I rarely see him post, hopefully he has found another forum to post on, I hope so. His needs are just as important and relevant as yours.
You realize that by saying the forum is anonymous immediately after mentioning confidentiality negates the point right?

Further, have you experienced love before? Did you watch a loved one die? Lu did. Just imagine your loved one dieing and not one doctor will lift a finger. What do you think that does to a person? Yes she shows an over abundance of concern, because had she last time her loved one could be alive. Personally I find it sweet.

OK the dependency crack is just evil. What do you know about her life to judge her like that? I would also put forth there's a huge difference between love and dependency. I have no doubt Lu could live alone, she just does not want to.

E

EclipticNight

ok so could do with some advise please
for 2 days he has been coughing literally none stop ,he says he feels it coming from his chest ,he has a headache and feel warm
he said he will go to gp next week if no better ,do you think he ought go to casualty?
its the headache and warmth that is worrying me x
Do you have a thermometer handy?

E

EclipticNight

If his temp is within 97 to 99 on the skin surface or 100 in the mouth ita not an emergency but he is fighting something. Sounds to me like some kind of dry cold. Rest, nutrients and water is what the body needs. I would expect it to last 3 to 5 days.

Don't forget your health too Lu. Get some rest when you can. :hug:

M

Mikey666

........Further, have you experienced love before? Did you watch a loved one die? Lu did. Just imagine your loved one dieing and not one doctor will lift a finger. What do you think that does to a person? ...........
Not directed to me but I just want to say, that when you get to a certain age I think you're lucky if you haven't experienced this. I have witnessed this twice with loved ones. It's tragic and you never forget. Plays on your mind. It has given me little faith in the medical profession.

K

Keesha

Your a 41 year old woman, this is an internet forum for which I am a member, I don`t see anything that I posted as "really mean". Why should I be kinder, I wasn`t unkind and you don`t get to dictate who replies on a thread.

I`m taking a practical approach from the outside perspective, someone who has healthy relationships, is not codependent or has BPD or BP There are massive red flags in this relationship.

If you were to post in another forum, an example, Mumsnet, I can imagine what the responses would be.

End of the day, normal relationships won`t apply to persons with those sort of disorders you`ve described, so have at it.
She didn’t post in Mumsnet. She posted here at a Mental Health Forum where other members with mental health disorders post. That’s why she’s accepted. We don’t shun people away from having mental disorders here. People are free to be themselves as long as they aren’t hurting others.

I’m blown away that you are trying to shame this women for having mental disorders and on a mental health forum.🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

K

Keesha

I’m so glad hermit is doing better Merry Fairy 🧚‍♀️

Talula67

Talula67

She didn’t post in Mumsnet. She posted here at a Mental Health Forum where other members with mental health disorders post. That’s why she’s accepted. We don’t shun people away from having mental disorders here. People are free to be themselves as long as they aren’t hurting others.

I’m blown away that you are trying to shame this women for having mental disorders and on a mental health forum.🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️
I cannot believe this either Keesha .. the post is very unkind and quite nasty too ... Tut tut ... (((((( Lu ))))))

Edinscotbrit

Edinscotbrit

Where in my post was I shaming her?!!

In a "normal" relationship , all that has been posted by her would make most sane people say this is not a healthy relationship, then again, in the haze of mental illness, this type of relationship would probably deem to be considered normal, normal for a person with BPD or BP.

I`m looking at this from the perpective of someone with neither of these disorders, also, the relationship is codependent, which, also, is unhealthy. Ultimately, it`s her relationship, not mine, and all the issues will continue regardless.

Edinscotbrit

Edinscotbrit

You realize that by saying the forum is anonymous immediately after mentioning confidentiality negates the point right?

Further, have you experienced love before? Did you watch a loved one die? Lu did. Just imagine your loved one dieing and not one doctor will lift a finger. What do you think that does to a person? Yes she shows an over abundance of concern, because had she last time her loved one could be alive. Personally I find it sweet.

OK the dependency crack is just evil. What do you know about her life to judge her like that? I would also put forth there's a huge difference between love and dependency. I have no doubt Lu could live alone, she just does not want to.
My point still stands about confedentiality.

Your point that a Dr would not lift a finger is extremely rude and disrespectful to the medical profession! Drs aren`t miracle workers, there is only so much they can do, other than try to make someone as comfortable as possible.

What do you know about me and what I have experienced?

Last edited by a moderator: