• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My work and home life is making me depressed. Advice please.

R

Red1

Hi all I know this isn't as bad as some posts I've read. I constantly feel tired and depressed, I'm self employed and run a small building business. Some days I'm not too bad but it seems to be getting worse, no enthusiasm to do anything but I have the pressure of finding work to keep my employees going and enough to keep me going. I have a 3 kids and a wife who loves to spend money, like every day there's amazon delivery's or something and I'm constantly worried about money and being able to pay bills and my guys. She knows too she has more access than I do to the accounts. It's a constant worry and struggle to find work. If it wasn't for my kids I know I'd be in a terrible way now. The love I got for them is the only thing keeping me going sometimes. I love my wife but I don't know if she still loves me, she shows me no affection and more the opposite on most days yet I've done everything for her. And the more I think about it the worse I get. I'm just not positive about anything anymore, can anyone relate?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Staff member
Admin
Hi Red1,
Welcome to the forum
I'm so sorry your struggling, please see your dr there are many options for treatments.
I've been thru depression and have physical health probs to.
Things can and often do improve.
Have you thought about couples counselling, I believe relate are helpful.
I hope things improve very soon for you.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Hi @Red1
Don't minimize your own suffering by comparing it to others' suffering. The mere fact that you are suffering is all that matters. I wholeheartedly agree with @Mayflower7 that you and your wife should go for couples counseling. I hope that your wife will agree to it. I hope that your marriage becomes stronger because of it.