• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

My Weird Food Phobia

• Thread starter Kavaris_Valiant_One
  • Start date
Kavaris_Valiant_One

Kavaris_Valiant_One

Ever since this one day where i had a bad experience with bacon, about a month ago, i have this thought imprinted in my mind and my taste buds - its as if im chewing on a tire when i think of bacon, which keeps popping up and burning itself into my thoughts, and its hard to escape.
Perhaps someone more experienced with phobias knows of a way to curb the thought of foods like that. On a daily basis, it really screws up my appetite and its nauseating.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

I have food phobias too. Which is crappy cause they used to really be delicious to me. :(

Kavaris_Valiant_One

Kavaris_Valiant_One

I have food phobias too. Which is crappy cause they used to really be delicious to me. :(
I hear that. I was bacon-man... Loved bacon. Iuno what happened... Im thinking theres something pork related or gum related that can replace the thought instead of this 'tire' sensation... Maybe even chewing a mushroom wuld help iuno.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

Hope that helps you. I just gave up those foods. They aren't healthy anyway. So it's better for my body. :)