My voices have human like traits, and also seem to control my feelings - do yours?

S

sscott

My voices have human like traits, and also seem to control my feelings - do yours?

Some of my voices tell me their names, and they refer to each other by those names. But the names they use are those of people I have known. I think they intentionally do this as part of an ongoing attempt to induce me to make mistakes and incorrectly think they are humans. But why would an hallucination(s) have motives?

Furthermore, they actually acknowledge that they do have motives. Often, their stated motive is to cause me to have what they call “a hang-over”, which is a term they use that describes the problems that occur in the real world after misattributing their identity. For example, if I am psychotic or stressed, or if I am reality checking for some reason, I might react to who they ‘say’ they are by posting something incriminating, embarrassing or defamatory on Facebook. But having motives is not the only surprising and inexplicable trait my voices have. They also plan things, they have meetings, and one of them runs a training school in which I am the subject that the students (other voices) use to practice cruelty towards.

But what really does me in, is an implied association between my voices and my feelings, and I do not mean the feelings I get as a result of hearing certain things, and I do not mean emotions. I mean things like twitching, very increased heart rate, ‘hot flushes’, cramps etc. My voices repeatedly ask “did you feel that?”, as though they are checking whether something they have done has worked. I also occasionally have absolutely terrible feelings that I struggle to be able to describe, and my voices will start ‘saying’ that the shit feelings I am having are a punishment for something that I have recently done.

But to suggest that my feelings are somehow causally related to my voices is to suggest that my voices have agency, which is absurd. So I am really keen to hear from other people if they suspect that their voices impact their feelings (not moods or emotions) in a determinate, causal way. By this I mean that the voices do something that causes or changes feelings, that is, do your voices ever actually perpetrate changes in your feelings?

G

Grinkles

Hi sscott! I'm new here, but since your post is very similar to what I've gone through, I thought I'd share.

My voices use the names of people I know, and always someone that I'm scared of, or intimidated by. They said they do this to illicit the strongest fear response. They've outright told me that they're trying to hurt me and basically are going to keep insulting me and telling me horrible things all day, every day, until I kill myself.

So my voices totally act like real beings. They told me they were part of a secret organization that had put an implant in my brain that allowed them to read my thoughts and talk to me. I'm constantly marveling at the fact that my brain can create these voices that seem so real, have separate personalities, and even seem to have evil agendas.

Mine can't seem to affect me physically, except that sometimes their taunting gets me flustered, and then my heart starts racing and I start sweating profusely, which in turn causes them to double their mental attacks, which creates a snowball effect.

I've read accounts by other voices-hearers that say the voices can affect them physically, like causing them physical pain, so you're definitely not alone there.

One thing that has worked for me is to finish their sentences for them. One of mine had a tendency to say, “I'm going to...” and then say some horrible stuff. I caught on to that pattern and trained my mind to automatically replace the end of the sentence with something completely silly. So the voice would say “I”m going to,” and my brain would finish, “dance in a fancy hat while eating lasagna.” It made them mad sometimes, but it helps to keep me sane.

S

sscott

Yes, the similarities between your voices and their intentions, and my own voices are scary. I'm thinking that soon I will begin writing an essay that explains what I have deduced about my voices, and ventures an explanation (probably an ideological one) in scientific terms of their origin and purpose. Thank you so much for your reply. It means a great deal to me to learn of the similarity of our hallucinations, and the circumstances that result. Good luck to you, and thank you sincerely once again.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Some of my voices tell me their names, and they refer to each other by those names. But the names they use are those of people I have known. I think they intentionally do this as part of an ongoing attempt to induce me to make mistakes and incorrectly think they are humans. But why would an hallucination(s) have motives?

Furthermore, they actually acknowledge that they do have motives. Often, their stated motive is to cause me to have what they call “a hang-over”, which is a term they use that describes the problems that occur in the real world after misattributing their identity. For example, if I am psychotic or stressed, or if I am reality checking for some reason, I might react to who they ‘say’ they are by posting something incriminating, embarrassing or defamatory on Facebook. But having motives is not the only surprising and inexplicable trait my voices have. They also plan things, they have meetings, and one of them runs a training school in which I am the subject that the students (other voices) use to practice cruelty towards.

But what really does me in, is an implied association between my voices and my feelings, and I do not mean the feelings I get as a result of hearing certain things, and I do not mean emotions. I mean things like twitching, very increased heart rate, ‘hot flushes’, cramps etc. My voices repeatedly ask “did you feel that?”, as though they are checking whether something they have done has worked. I also occasionally have absolutely terrible feelings that I struggle to be able to describe, and my voices will start ‘saying’ that the shit feelings I am having are a punishment for something that I have recently done.

But to suggest that my feelings are somehow causally related to my voices is to suggest that my voices have agency, which is absurd. So I am really keen to hear from other people if they suspect that their voices impact their feelings (not moods or emotions) in a determinate, causal way. By this I mean that the voices do something that causes or changes feelings, that is, do your voices ever actually perpetrate changes in your feelings?
I believe voices are spirits of the dead that want to be re born in this world because they also have feeling. Ii is the 'hallucinations' attempt to shape you in thought so you speak correctly with the opposite sex and have offspring that they can be re born again.
spend more time rejecting satan in meditation. that will alter the voices being cruel to you.