• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My voices do not answer

John Lamb

John Lamb

Sorry, my reply was more related to @micmed14 last post, but if you put this way (proof seekers), how do you expect anyone to accept or deal with any claims you would make? How does this work?
I do not expect anyone to accept my claims and I don’t know how the supernatural works, I only post on here as I think it may help some people but maybe not all.

L

linus

It’s ok to be religious, I try to be as well, though I fail miserably through my lack of perseverance. I remembered to pray only when my son was going through the acute psychosis, otherwise I am a fraud.. but this is a personal belief and it’s a choice, however I wouldn’t challenge something that would have expanations given by professionals with my beliefs.

John Lamb

John Lamb

I am not challenging the article you put up with my beliefs, it just does not explain anything to me, neither does any science for that matter.

L

linus

Ok, maybe posting full articles is not helpful, but the main idea is that these voices are actually our own thoughts and the inner voice is no longer recognised as one’s own and it gets “matched” to a different one thus it feels it belongs to a stranger. The source of the thoughts it’s another issue since they don’t seem your own, but the continous thoughts we have come from the unconscious mind and there we store the bad things usually, the raw perceptions of our life, so it’s a powerful mix.
This is not a theory from an article, you can find this explanation in several medical sources, it helps give you an explanation, still it doesn’t say why a person gets to experience such a thing, and the tickle “experiment” is shown as a way to understand how our brain works with pattern matching in anything.

Weirdnumber

Weirdnumber

I know the voices I hear come from inside my mind and are not other people thoughts, but that doesn't mean that telepathy does not exist

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm interested in hearing what your voice has told you about where it comes from @John Lamb, do you have a link to a post where you've explained it before or could you take the time to tell us here please?

I know how time consuming it can be typing it all out but I would greatly appreciate it, I myself could write pages on the origin and abilities of voices, some of my beliefs came from conversations with my voice, observations of him and books written by people who also believe voices are much more than meets the eye.

I don't put much stock into what so called professionals or others who have never heard a voice in their entire lives think, I prefer to "Talk with people who know what it's like!" as the MHF tag line says and the top of this page, and I enjoy the talking immensely.

I've had a lot of positive feedback over the years with my thoughts and beliefs on the subject.

John Lamb

John Lamb

Hi Nwiddi, I’ve thought long and hard about describing my experiences in detail on here. The main reason I have not is that I think it maybe overwhelming and cause psychosis in others.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
You're welcome to send them to me privately, I'm open minded and haven't had an episode of psychosis for over three years thanks to medication.

I don't get overwhelmed or triggered easily if I did I wouldn't be able to do my job.

L

linus

That’s actually funny coming from someone that recently claims it’s about chemistry and physics, but dismisses professionals

D

DSwole

Telepathy is difficult to prove when people who hear voices are seen as crazy or ill. Nobody wants to hear voices, so nobody wants telepathy to exist. You cannot prove it doesn't exist either tho, since voice hearing is still a mystery also for doctors. Doctors told me I hear voices because I was a drug addict, but there are people who hear voices and do not use drugs and most of drug addicts do not hear voices, so it's not just that. By the way, I haven't used drugs for a year
I am a drug addict too and i know thats why i have heard voices over the last 6 yrs. Initially, in the midst of my drug use and just talking in my head. I thought a girl was hiding in my boyfriends house for years.The voices made me think it and made everyone think i was crazy. Thinking back i was on those drugs but they just made it look 10 times worse by using a girls voice in my head.Then, i got sober and i hear them in my thoughts and they are very aggressive.They are able to completely control my mind and body. I suffer so much from them torturing me on a daily basis. They are even able to disconnect my meds so i can't experience any relief from the health issues they have inflicted on me over the last 2 yrs.

Weirdnumber

Weirdnumber

My voices started soon after I quit with cannabis. At the beginning they were nice and I was able to communicate with them, then they started to say strange things and I started to have delusional thoughts because of them. Eventually I started with medication and I managed to eliminate every delusional thought I had and the voices degenerated into Thought echo and they became very mean: they say they want to kill me and that I speak telepathically disturbing other people, that I stink, and then they say people's names (both I know and I don't know), numbers and days of week, months and so on...sometimes they also told me to kill!
Oh, and I also hear this fcking music all the time..

D

DSwole

I'm interested in hearing what your voice has told you about where it comes from @John Lamb, do you have a link to a post where you've explained it before or could you take the time to tell us here please?

I know how time consuming it can be typing it all out but I would greatly appreciate it, I myself could write pages on the origin and abilities of voices, some of my beliefs came from conversations with my voice, observations of him and books written by people who also believe voices are much more than meets the eye.

I don't put much stock into what so called professionals or others who have never heard a voice in their entire lives think, I prefer to "Talk with people who know what it's like!" as the MHF tag line says and the top of this page, and I enjoy the talking immensely.

I've had a lot of positive feedback over the years with my thoughts and beliefs on the subject.
I strongly believe that what the voices are telling me about being real people who work for the invinsible government are true. I think technology has come a long way. I am tortured physically, mentally and emotionally because of my past abuse of drugs over such a long period of time. The voices have called me names like idiot and stupid bitch, peice of shit idiot and they can control my thinking and respond to my thoughts. They have tortured me by making me feel really hot, making my toungue swell up, making my mouth dry, making my teeth hurt giving me migraines giving me anxiety making scars all over my face, thining out my hair, keeping me awake, making me hungry, making my thoughts unclear, giving me memory problems, making me feel out of it and unable to function. Bei g emotionless at times and making me feel unmotivated to participate in daily activities. Reduced care of my personal appearance. Unable to communicate effectively.

L

linus

You don’t deserve what happens to you, be kind to yourself, forgive yourself of the past mistakes, it only matters what you do from now on.

D

DSwole

You don’t deserve what happens to you, be kind to yourself, forgive yourself of the past mistakes, it only matters what you do from now on.
Awww thank you for your words of encouragement. You really made me happy and hopeful. Its nice to know that someone cares enough to read my thread and give me the advice i needed to hear.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Funnyday Hearing Voices Forum 6
I Hearing Voices Forum 1
mandy125 Hearing Voices Forum 5
R Hearing Voices Forum 7
blog15 Hearing Voices Forum 1