• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My voices are very nasty

wollie

wollie

I have voices that sound like two cocknies that are very loud and disgusting to me, they use words I never would, and speak in a dialect I have never heard before, so where did I pick them up, Im sure I havent watched a program on tv that resembles them.
They are constantly trying to get me to commit suicide, which I tried once just to be rid of them So what is your experiance are your voices nasty or nice????

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
My voice is pure evil, the words "sociopath", "psychopath" and "insane" have been used by me to describe him.

He used to do terrible things to me, body and mind but thankfully medication seems to stop him for the most part. He begs to come off the meds but would you unleash a monster?

I can't tar every voice with the same brush though, I have met people with good ones that help them and are kind to them.

John Lamb

John Lamb

My voice gave me a message using cockney rhyming slang recently which amused me as I wasn't born within hearing of Bow Bells. My voices used to get very nasty and tried to get me to top myself way back when but luckily I never gave in. I became a man of faith, use positve thinking and let go of all the negative stuff from my past. I spent far to long getting over past trauma, it is one of the hardest things a person has to overcome but I realised you can't change your past and dwelling on it was only hurting me, no one else. Negative energy, pessimism, and stress caused by paying attention to obnoxious voices makes things worse. Maintaining a positive attitude and going forward is better for your brain chemicals all proven by science. My voices are nice most of the time now.

wollie

wollie

Hi john
The doctors think I damaged my brain because I was an alcoholic for many years, and they say I probably will all ways have the voices, I seem to be drug resistant no drug affect me, I have tried all the usual methods to distrct me but none work.
I was also smoking a lot of pot in bygon times, Im sure that has also affected me.
But how did you start hearing voices, what was the cause how does trauma start voices off, questions questions, but I want to know.

John Lamb

John Lamb

Hi wollie, My voice started funnily by predicting the trauma I was about experiance. The first voice I remember said 'You are not going to enjoy it there', I thought at the time it was my inner voice or a gut feeling about starting my PhD somewhere. The voice turned out to be right as it was the worse decision of my life. Although I completed my studies the supervisor was no good. I became socially withdrawn ending up with non stop negative voices and believing I was telepathic. But every cloud has a silver lining as the saying goes, I started doing what I mentioned in my previous post. Trauma causes the stress chemical cortisone to spike your natural brain chemicals which if you dwell on things over and over can damage the fragile components of the brain. They can grow back though with healthy lifestyle choices and learning how to handle stress better, all this takes time unfortunately but I don't particularly want the current voice I hear now and again to go. If you care to choose a healthier lifestyle and do what I have said in my previous post you should start having more good days than bad. Hopefully you may end up with nice voices but don't ask me what how precisely it was I ended up with them as idk.

D

DSwole

Hi john
The doctors think I damaged my brain because I was an alcoholic for many years, and they say I probably will all ways have the voices, I seem to be drug resistant no drug affect me, I have tried all the usual methods to distrct me but none work.
I was also smoking a lot of pot in bygon times, Im sure that has also affected me.
But how did you start hearing voices, what was the cause how does trauma start voices off, questions questions, but I want to know.
I can relate to what your experiencing because i am a drug addict and i know the voices came about from my yrs of drug use. I am prescribed meds that should work and before the voices have always worked for me....adderall and klonopin. Now they don't work for me at all. This sounds crazy but these people behind the voices are able to disconnect my meds so that i can't have any relief. Maybe the same thing is happening to you and the voices just haven't told you that's what they are doing. I am suffering every day from severe anxiety and the inability to think clearly or function normally. The voices will still bother you as long as your smoking weed.

wollie

wollie

I can relate to what your experiencing because i am a drug addict and i know the voices came about from my yrs of drug use. I am prescribed meds that should work and before the voices have always worked for me....adderall and klonopin. Now they don't work for me at all. This sounds crazy but these people behind the voices are able to disconnect my meds so that i can't have any relief. Maybe the same thing is happening to you and the voices just haven't told you that's what they are doing. I am suffering every day from severe anxiety and the inability to think clearly or function normally. The voices will still bother you as long as your smoking weed.
I hope you are in remission:D my prscribed drugs have never worked ok they may quieten things for a while thats about all, sorry about the anxiet issues, and I dont smoke weed anymore.
All the best woolie.

D

DSwole

I hope you are in remission:D my prscribed drugs have never worked ok they may quieten things for a while thats about all, sorry about the anxiet issues, and I dont smoke weed anymore.
All the best woolie.
Yeah the voices have stopped for now but they can still harm me physically whenever they want. They didn't let me sleep last night.The anti-psychotic meds took 3 wks to kick in. I was suffering so much.

L

linus

That’s great news! Now it’s a good period to make peace with yourself, forgive yourself, be kind to yourself and start working on your self-esteem, trust your environment more and more

D

DSwole

That’s great news! Now it’s a good period to make peace with yourself, forgive yourself, be kind to yourself and start working on your self-esteem, trust your environment more and more
Thank you for your words of encouragement.It means a lot to me. Im gonna make a honest effort to stay positive and make changes for the better.