My uncle died

K

khuang

My dad's oldest brother died yesterday. It's sad because he had Alzheimer's really bad but in a way it good he isn't suffering anymore. The past seven years have been particularly bad. I saw him last Father's Day and it was sort of painful to see him. He just sat in his motorized wheelchair staring off into space and not really knowing what was happening. He was the relative I saw the most after my Aunt Hailey. It's interesting that while my grandpa was married twice and had nine children, my sister and I never had to go to a funeral because one of them died. We grew up with literally all our aunts and uncles on both sides. Uncle Bill had the disease for almost twenty years and it must have been awful for him to slowly decline and suffer. The progression was slowed down for about four years but it rapidly grew about seven years ago. My Aunt Hailey and dad assured me though that the disease came from his biological mother's side and not from my grandpa or grandma who was his second wife. She also told me that my grandpa didn't have the disease but his memory loss was a result of injuring his head after falling a few times. So my sister and I have less of a chance of getting Alzheimer's. I'm sad but in a way relieved that he isn't suffering anymore. The crazy part is that his twin brother's son and family is visiting the US from Spain. Goodbye Uncle Bill.

S

spiritfriend

I'm sorry to hear about this. I know it's tough to deal with.

:hug: Wishing you the best.

K

khuang

I'll be alright. As I said before, I'm glad in a way that he isn't suffering anymore. He didn't recognize anyone except his wife partially. He called her the woman who takes care of me. He didn't even know he had grandchildren which wasn't too traumatizing to the three younger ones but the oldest probably could tell something wasn't right even though he's autistic. Kids with autism are more aware of situations than most people realize even if they can't verbalized it.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi khuang,

I wanted to pass on my condolences for your loss. We're all here for youx

Much love <3

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Sorry for your loss, your right he isn't suffering anymore.
Take care

K

khuang

My dad thinks we shouldn't tell his twin brother yet and I agree with him. He has heart problems and the news might do something to his heart. I just hope my uncle's wife hasn't told him yet since she is trying to tell everyone in the family.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

I think that's very sensible - the last thing you'd want in such a time is to endanger another person's life as well. I would speak to your uncle's wife about not telling the twin brother - otherwise, she may do so without knowing the repercussions.

<3

K

khuang

I think that's very sensible - the last thing you'd want in such a time is to endanger another person's life as well. I would speak to your uncle's wife about not telling the twin brother - otherwise, she may do so without knowing the repercussions.

<3
I told my cousin what my dad wants to do and I think she'll tell her mom.