My tour of the UK fuelled by schizophrenia

F

Funnyday

I went loopy loo back in March. The voices I heard became very loud and were saying menacing things to me. They were trying to get me to commit suicide. I had left my home in blind panic driving from beach to beach looking for somewhere to drown myself. Luckily none of the beaches I went to was deserted as otherwise who knows what would of happened.

I ended up in Glasgow after 3 frantic days. I was taken by the police first to A+E and then onto the mental hospital. I spent 6 months in Scotland and then I was transfered back down to Reading.

I am now sat at my computer on home leave for the day. They have put me on Clozapine. I still hear voices just not as loud as they were. I still insist that the voices that I hear are from real people who use a transceiver to communicate with me. If thats considered psychotic. Then I guess that I'm psychotic!

The trip to Scotland cost me my car. At the time when I had a meltdown at a set of traffic lights. A member of the public parked it up. The police said that it was fine for my car to be there. They even told my brother that it was ok where it was.

Well it turns out that it was parked in a place that you had to pay and display. After 4 weeks of it being there. It was towed to the car pound. It racked up over £2,000 of storage fees. The only way to not pay was if I scrapped my car. The car was worth over £1,000 and had a sat nav etc inside it.

I'm thinking of putting in an official complaint to Police Scotland about it. All they had to do was tell my brother in the phonecall they had with him that day and he would of picked it up.

The clozapine is making me feel very sleepy and causing some dizziness. I have to have regular blood tests to make sure that my white blood cell count isn't to low.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
Hi, funnyday welcome back.

Sorry to hear about your car. Maybe it is safer for you now without one. When I had a car and was ill, I would go on driving expeditions too.

Hope you can stay safe and work on getting better buddy.

Last edited:
fazza

fazza

Hi mate. I was on clozapine for 12 months but my white count dropped too low and I had to come off it. Did they offer you any alternative to clozapine as it is usually used as a last resort when everything else has failed.

I gained 50 pounds but have lost that again now that I have stopped taking it. I really hope it works for you. Your story is verysimilar to mine although my car drive adventures ended up with mebeing lost and out of my mind in dublin after trying to throw myself off the holyhead to dublin ferry.

Good luck my thoughts are with you

F

Funnyday

Its interesting that you ended up on the Dublin ferry as my voices were trying to get me to go to Ireland as well.

The voices of my tormentors struck the night before I was supposed to have a MRI of my head carried out. I'm going to ask for a x-ray instead as I've seen youtube clips of the scanner they use in mri sessions and if I've got any metal into my brain it will end up like swiss cheese.