• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My time

G

gurl2134

Hi all,
So I’ve been going out with my boyfriend for 2 years now, and I feel like i’ve hit a rocky patch. My man is my absolute everything and more. But thugs keep bothering me, like I feel our relationship has changed from when we first started. We don’t spend as much time together, and I feel we don’t do what we used to do then like make dinner together or go out for the day. It gives me bad thoughts, like I’m loosing love for him. But I never want to lose him, I love my man very much. I’m scared of loosing him. Your thought?

R

Rex Smith

Hi all,
So I’ve been going out with my boyfriend for 2 years now, and I feel like i’ve hit a rocky patch. My man is my absolute everything and more. But thugs keep bothering me, like I feel our relationship has changed from when we first started. We don’t spend as much time together, and I feel we don’t do what we used to do then like make dinner together or go out for the day. It gives me bad thoughts, like I’m loosing love for him. But I never want to lose him, I love my man very much. I’m scared of loosing him. Your thought?

Relationships after 2 years is when that new feel is officially is gone. Things like breakfast in bed, going on walks on the beach, being extra nice and forgiving about mistakes, holding hands, kisses, and sex are some examples of what reduces or can stop after awhile.

It's also when relationships for couples that got together solely on looks or sex ends if they didn't already end before that. It's really important to find someone that likes the things you really like. Examples. 2 hard-core star wars fans, sport fanatics, gamers, and outdoorsy people. You'll be fine if you're both the same. If he likes sports and fishing and you like opera and animal activist well it's probably not going to last. Those relationships end up in arguments and cheating with others of similar interests.

Have you heard the saying, "don't settle for any relationship". That is why it's told to people. You'll have many hardships if you get into a relationship because you don't want to be alone.

What you have listed are extremely small things that have dwindled down. Now if you said you hardly see him, then that's a major issue. When and if one of you stopped doing the most liked interest, that's a major issue. Other than that, don't worry because you're major similarities will keep you together.

G

gurl2134

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, my man and I do have similar interests, I kinda feel like we are the guy and girl versions of each other 😆

R

Rex Smith

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, my man and I do have similar interests, I kinda feel like we are the guy and girl versions of each other 😆
Then you'll be fine. Have you heard the saying, soul mates? It's very possible the 2 of you are that.