• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My therapy session experience 😡

E

ecsty

Hello,
I am new here. I want to share my personal experience about my therapy sessions.
I suffer from depression and anxiety. It is something that I always had and I think I will never get rid of this. But it's okay because this is who I am and I need to accept it. Two months ago I wanted to experience some therapy sessions. The first month was okay. She told me some cool things about brain, cells, etc. And I felt better because talking with her I realised that all I needed to make me feel better was to talk more with people, something that I don't do often. I don't have a lot of friends. But anyway...I felt good and I wanted to stop.
But then realizing she will lose a client so quick, and that means...no money, because let's be serious therapist don't care about you. They just put a mask on and try to do their job. And then she tried to tell me things like : "I don't have friends because I don't love myself". "People ignore me because I need to fix my mindset". "I don't let her to show me affection"...a bunch of bullsh*ts. She really made me feel uncomfortable. Probably because she was desperate. But yeah, I am done with her sessions. I know who I am but she tried to tell me lies and making me believe that is true what she said wrong about me. So like this I can have reasons to go to her. There was also a moment when I was crying my soul out in front of her because I remembered some past traumas and she was smiling. Like wtf ? Not even a hug or do something professional.
Bad experience. No emotions from her. Only money.

Zaz3

Zaz3

You're not alone in having bad experiences with therapists. I've had my fair share too.
It seems caring has moved way down the list and been taking over by statistics, money and a whole host of lies.
I hope this experience doesn't set you back and you can move forward from it 🙂

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. Your therapist sounds very unprofessional. In time I hope you can report her as she is doing the opposite of what she is meant to. It can take time to find a good therapist but there are some great ones out there. I personally have had good and bad therapists.

E

ecsty

You're not alone in having bad experiences with therapists. I've had my fair share too.
It seems caring has moved way down the list and been taking over by statistics, money and a whole host of lies.
I hope this experience doesn't set you back and you can move forward from it 🙂
Thank you ! For sure was just a bad experience and yes, I will move forward from it 😄

D

Deleted member 95745

I also had some bad therapists, and a lot of terrible psychiatrists. I feel like they mostly don't take us seriously. I hope you find a better therapist.

Z

Zoe1

have you tried peer support ecsty
some people prefer to talk to someone
who has been through some mental health issues themselves

D

DD040894

Hey, some things she said might be true. But, there is always right and wrong time to say those things. And she said it in wrong time. It is like teaching someone in 4nd grade of primary school to read Tolstoy. You were one month on psychotherapy...believe me, it is nothing, you have seen her 4 or 8 times at most.
But her response to your talk about trauma was dreadful, so you are right to leave her.
Just don't think that 8 sessions even with best therapist in the world can solve long-lasting depression and anxiety. It can't. You need at least 2-3 months to see small improvements and if you are older than 18-20, I believe you need year, year and a half to get rid of those problems.
But with good therapis, not with her...
Best regards. :)

E

ecsty

have you tried peer support ecsty
some people prefer to talk to someone
who has been through some mental health issues themselves
Thank you for your reply. I will try also that. To see if will make me feel any different. Thanks again !

E

ecsty

Hey, some things she said might be true. But, there is always right and wrong time to say those things. And she said it in wrong time. It is like teaching someone in 4nd grade of primary school to read Tolstoy. You were one month on psychotherapy...believe me, it is nothing, you have seen her 4 or 8 times at most.
But her response to your talk about trauma was dreadful, so you are right to leave her.
Just don't think that 8 sessions even with best therapist in the world can solve long-lasting depression and anxiety. It can't. You need at least 2-3 months to see small improvements and if you are older than 18-20, I believe you need year, year and a half to get rid of those problems.
But with good therapis, not with her...
Best regards. :)
Thank you for your reply. I am 20 and I think you are right. I need more time in therapy to feel an improvement and yes definitely not with her !!

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Im sorry you had a bad experience with her. I don't think it be a bad idea to continue therapy but just not with her. I realized after a few therapist that I need to connect with one and feel comfortable. I like to read their online profiles and contact them over emails. My new one even had a phone conversation with me before hand to see if we were basically on the same page as far as what I wanted for it. Don't be afraid to look around.

D

DD040894

Thank you for your reply. I am 20 and I think you are right. I need more time in therapy to feel an improvement and yes definitely not with her !!
The younger you are, the better( you need shorter time to overcome the problems, if you wait for so long it will have big repercussions on every aspect of your life). So, search for right one.
Wish you all the luck in the world.
best regards!