• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My Therapist says I'm done. But I'm not.

F

Findingjoy1795

I wasn't sure where to post this, so it's currently in two places.

Female. 19. I have been living with Depression and Anxiety for almost 4 years.

I started college last fall, and things declined rapidly (complicated, but not the point here). To keep it simple, I was doing poorly enough that my therapist (of about a year and a half) recommended I go to an IOP program for a month. Which I did. But during the time that I was in the program, she, for reasons too involved to explain here, decided that she would refuse to see me anymore. I was devastated.

Anyway, I spent the next month and a half-ish trying to find a new therapist, to no avail. Until I finally met one, who I liked from the minute I walked into her office. She’s young and sweet and totally gets me. It’s fantastic. Even so, my depression got worse, other things started coming up, and I (eventually — another long story) ended up in a residential treatment center for 6 weeks. Every Monday night while I was there, states away, my T at home would call me and we’d have a couple minute check-in.

Finally, I came home and resumed therapy again with her. Things were absolutely horrible at first; I was in shock returning to the real world. Two weeks later I started school and I actually started really improving, and even feeling good for the first time in a while. I was seeing my T twice a week, then once a week, then twice a month, and then I just went a whole month without seeing her. I write issues I encounter in my journal in-between our sessions, and we would discuss those during our appointment.

So last week I went to see T, after a month of not doing so. Honestly the month felt like forever, but I made it. So I got into the office and we talked about some issues, and then all of a sudden she started talking about how proud of me she is and how much I’ve improved, and THEN SHE SAYS “you don’t need me anymore” and I literally said “ Don’t say that!” and then she starts talking about how the door is always open to come and blah blah blah and the rest is kind of a blur until I walked out. And that’s when I started sobbing. For the next 24 hours any time I thought about her I pushed her out of my mind. I felt sad and sick and just wanted to ignore it (that’s what I do). Normally I would write this stuff down in a journal to talk about with my T later, but obviously that wasn’t an option at this point.

So what do I do? I’m still completely lost. I feel sick just thinking about this all enough to write it down here. I haven’t been without a therapist (or in a transition between them) for over 2 years plus.

M

my-straightjacket-please

im gone take care email if you want its in my prof
calm down give it a day

my counselor set me back to every two weeks because all that she could help was more temper and marriage

counseling is only so much the rest is us

i was diagnosed bpd with severe ptsd

eventually you have to face life your past and present and come up with a game plan me not let my past destroy me

and lots more it took her and me putting into practice what i was tought

were here for you but slow down step back and make sure its not a addiction to seeing venting or safe talking

anyone can see posts on here but most unless like me distinctive writing skills they dont know who we are

and its a safe talk support place there is a chance you need a new counselor but dont jump until you try things and being on your own we can become codependent on people or things and think its over when we loose them