My theory on psychosis...

Did my video provide you insight?

• Total voters
shaky

shaky

I agree with nearly all of that.
That psychosis is a natural response by the mind.

I didn't know about it being a reaction to isolation or lack of stimulation. I think that more research should be done on that, since then you can study psychosis in controlled conditions.

W

Wadijs

Your reaction - Thank You! Your awesome!

I agree with nearly all of that.
That psychosis is a natural response by the mind.

I didn't know about it being a reaction to isolation or lack of stimulation. I think that more research should be done on that, since then you can study psychosis in controlled conditions.
It's also known I think that you can hallucinate from white noise from the radio! Hallucinations alone don't make you psychotic - it also has to do with delusions - and emotions!

Last edited:
shaky

shaky

My psychosis is generally about having delusions
Only once did I have (auditory) haluinations

Does you have ny thoughts on delusional thinking?

W

Wadijs

My psychosis is generally about having delusions
Only once did I have (auditory) haluinations

Does you have ny thoughts on delusional thinking?
1. Because of hallucinations
2. Because of a change in focus, I think, when your not psychotic - you dismiss thoughts faster - when your psychotic you tend to focus on thoughts that you would normally dismiss. (that seems how it works for me)

J

Jonathan_P

I loved the part where the Swan spread her wings: God Bless her.
: )

E

ettiene.dyer

To be honest I only watched part of your video and stopped because the premise of your thesis is fallacious: The idea that various states of consciousness produce "hallucination" (psychiatrically defined "falsifiable states of perception") whether the state is induced by psychosis, sensory or social deprivation, use of psychedelics ... and I will take your thesis one step fruther and say Mystical States or Religious States of consciousness.

The primary problem is the word "hallucination" -- the concept, definition, and utilitarian function in a modern materialist philosophical context.

The idea is that if I see a robed man at a rest stop and he is calling me over and knows my full name and who I am and you are with me and I tell you all of this and you do not perceive any of it you will assume that I am "hallucinating" because our perceptions do not fit the classic definition of "consensus" or "peer review". Perhaps I would think you were hallucinating OUT the robed man at the rest stop? We would be at an impasse wouldn't we?

What if you win the argument.

What if two years latter a robe man comes up to you and says your full name and starts shows you pieces of paper that have life story on it, you are with your dear friend and he does not see this. By this time I have gotten on "medication" because my dear trustworthy friend told me I should see a psychiatrist. I lost my job, My wife, On disability,. and pretty accepting that I am crazy.

You come to me and say OPPS.

How do I get back those 2 years of brain damaging drugs and lifestyle changes? How should I react to a system and doctoring that did all of that to me simply because they were fucking blind, deaf, and stupid?

Last edited: