• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

My Suicidal Thoughts

T

trackstar123

HI everyone,
I have really been struggling with thoughts of suicide recently. I actually thought of ways that I would want to go that wouldn't hurt my loved ones that badly. I have been pushing away my boyfriend (who I live with and frequently talk about the future with) but I have been pushing him away and I am not sure if it is to make it easier for me to circulate these thoughts, or if I am somehow trying to make it easier for him if I can't beat the thoughts that I am having. I have thought about doing it in ways that seem like an accident like getting hit by a car or something of a similar nature. I know that I need to overcome these thoughts and regularly attend therapy, I just can't seem to shake this feeling right now. It has been growing for a few months and it has gradually picked up in severity as time has gone on. I just feel so alone and I know that my thoughts are too overwhelming for myself so they're going to be for everyone who is important to me as well. I was hoping I could get some help from someone on here about personally experiences and how you have handled them.
Thank you so much for your time!

T

trackstar123

HI everyone,
I have really been struggling with thoughts of suicide recently. I actually thought of ways that I would want to go that wouldn't hurt my loved ones that badly. I have been pushing away my boyfriend (who I live with and frequently talk about the future with) but I have been pushing him away and I am not sure if it is to make it easier for me to circulate these thoughts, or if I am somehow trying to make it easier for him if I can't beat the thoughts that I am having. I have thought about doing it in ways that seem like an accident like getting hit by a car or something of a similar nature. I know that I need to overcome these thoughts and regularly attend therapy, I just can't seem to shake this feeling right now. It has been growing for a few months and it has gradually picked up in severity as time has gone on. I just feel so alone and I know that my thoughts are too overwhelming for myself so they're going to be for everyone who is important to me as well. I was hoping I could get some help from someone on here about personally experiences and how you have handled them.
Thank you so much for your time!
I also want to say that I regularly workout and am an overall healthy person, I just don't know why I am still struggling with these thoughts.

N

Nukelavee

Reminding myself of obligations to others helps me. So does keeping busy.

Self-awareness, in terms of figuring out where teh root of this mood comes from would be a big help.

Also, discovering the body of a neighbour who took his own life, while his concerned friend watched over my shoulder as I checked the apartment, brought home to me there is no real way to spare those around you.