• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My Succes with my Mental Health Struggles...

D

Dottyone

A place to place your Achievements and Improvements relating to Mental Health Issues :)

V

Verity

I am agoraphobic and have not been out for 4 months until this week.

Today, I treated my boyfriend to breakfast out after WE WENT CYCLING!!!! My idea. A little puffed out, as I have not been cycling since the summer, but I LOVED IT!!!!:DThen later in the day, I went to the local shop with my lovely and stayed in there for 15 minutes. I have not been in a shop or cycling for 4 months, so this was a very positive day for me. My anxiety levels were very low throughout the day. Maybe a rest day in between days out is necessary in the short term to help me to recover? My body holds a lot of tension after I have been out. So if I allow this to disperse by having a rest day in between days out, I think that this is fine until my body adjusts?

This afternoon, I called to arrange a home optician test for next week. I wear glasses for reading / computer / close work and my prescription has changed slightly from what I can assess. My last eye test was 13 years ago! This evening, I also booked a table for me and my boyfriend at a lovely restaurant in the next village for New Years Eve. Something to work towards, as I will have to get a train one stop to get there.

I feel delighted and tired in equal measures! But I am very proud of myself. My little world is expanding, slowly but surely :clap::dance::loveshower:

D

Dottyone

Awesome !

Nice one Verity I love reading stuff like this, well done chuckey egg, :D

In real life I am smiling that I am happy for someone, you go for it Verity the world is your Oyster Now.

One step at a time :)

Luvly Jubbly

V

Verity

Awesome !

Nice one Verity I love reading stuff like this, well done chuckey egg, :D

In real life I am smiling that I am happy for someone, you go for it Verity the world is your Oyster Now.

One step at a time :)

Luvly Jubbly
Bless your heart T.e.d.d.y :hug: Thank you!

My world is opening up to me and it makes me so happy!:D

Big hugs to you chucky egg:hug5:

I hope that life is being kind to you.

Verity x

D

Dottyone

It may sound corny Verity but I really want to see more posts and achievements like your on the forum, you well cheared me up today let their be 10 thousands of happy posts on here now :dance:

V

Verity

Not at all corny. Bless you my love:hug: I have not stopped smiling today:D :dance:

This time last week, I was at a very low ebb. I have had a very stressful few years culminating in a crisis recently. Every crisis is an opportunity for change. I am making positive changes to live the life that I have not experienced in a very long time(y)

I have the incentive of keeping up my quota of positivity on here now courtesy of you ;)

It has been so lovely getting to know you by chatting this evening. Thank you! Thank you for your support too. It is very much appreciated :hug:

I hope that you are happy & well and look forward to chatting with you again soon.

Night, night:hug5:

Verity x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I think i've come a long way in terms of social anxiety.
I used to never give eye contact, talk too quietly, feel myself going bright red whenever I spoke.. my heart would feel like it was in my throat and I could hardly get my words out because of a dry mouth.
Now though, I feel more confident. Of course, not 100% and I don't think i'll ever get to the stage where i'll walk into a room and demand to be centre off attention. But I feel like I can hold my own much better than before.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Actually, do you know what else?
The paranoia isn't anywhere near as bad as it was. I get the thoughts much less and I find them easier to try to reason with.
I was convinced that; I was being watched, songs were played to give me the message that I was being watched, my thoughts were being broadcast and were audible to anyone who stood by me, I couldn't sleep on someone elses pillow because then my thoughts would imprint on it and when they next put their head on it they would be able to read my mind..

It was all so incredibly stressful, incredibly humiliating, incredibly anger-inducing, incredibly terrifying.. and i'm not plagued by them any more.
Thank fuck for that!

D

Dottyone

I think i've come a long way in terms of social anxiety.
I used to never give eye contact, talk too quietly, feel myself going bright red whenever I spoke.. my heart would feel like it was in my throat and I could hardly get my words out because of a dry mouth.
Now though, I feel more confident. Of course, not 100% and I don't think i'll ever get to the stage where i'll walk into a room and demand to be centre off attention. But I feel like I can hold my own much better than before.
You done really really well because eye contact is one of the most deep set trubbles to get over, nice one yay ;)