• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My strange experiences and how come being mistaken as schizophrenia

A

Amberleyleak

Even myself find unbelievable, but it's my real experience, also how come I'm being "diagnosed" with "schizophrenia"

As you know, one of the symptoms of schizophrenia called "Mind alienation" - like having illusions can be belong to the criteria

Last year when I was living in apartment , its just next to forest, I used to take a walk in forest every day. But one day is very unusual, I caught an awful drug smell which never supposed to be in forest, not only smells also a strange sound. I can't describe how it's like, I can only sure it's unnatural and unique, I never experienced before or elsewhere - except until I heard that sound again - when I was detained into a hospital (studio) ward, in middle of the night, I still remember that night I only heard the sound inside my room, not in corridor, I saw a ward staff Member I asked him, "could you please STOP THE STUDIO SOUND?" Later I returned my room no more strange sound.

I never have those strange experiences again after discharge from the (studio) ward.

Unfortunately what I experienced in the lodge is one turned out how I being detained under section two by the partnership - one of those "diagnosis" from the partnership is schizophrenia.

Yes when I look back how I described my situation, can be very likely appeared to be "Mind alienation" which is one of schizophrenia symptoms.

However I can't absolutely agree with that, firstly the appearance not really certainly confirmed schizophrenia even it can be resemble.

One of main about schizophrenia is illusion - I don't think what happened in the Lodge is not real just illusions, besides other concern is what I experienced in hospital acute care.

I was staying in hospitalmental ward before I was staying in room 10, which next to 11, one morning - I didn't sleeping just hide myself inside blanket, I heard a quiet conversation it's direction from 11, it's voice of two males, one of them with a nerdy voice, he's being called "Mr X", I felt deep fear which concerns are from their conversation content - I heard them mentioning the LODGE.

I might consider its just coincidence despite I just living the Lodge not long ago, but I also heard another mentioned seems like they are making a broadcast.. I'm afraid I got reasons to concern, I doubt is it usual to have such a conversation about stalking or broadcast - it's not by patients but by those who in conversation are hospital staff, I saw one of them "Mr X" later in real person - never respecting others no manner either especially used to be rude to patients.

I keep more grounded about my concerns when later in the ward - that night I asked a male to stop the studio sound, that sound only happened twice in the studio ward and the Lodge before..

I can't certainly not considering those happen in the Lodge and the ward, absolutely not related.

If it's just my schizophrenia, I can hear it everywhere till now especially I'm not taking any medication nowadays but never having those strange experiences again!

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'm glad you are not having those experiences now and it is great that you are well without medication? Are you well?

A

Amberleyleak

I don't think so, one of issues I still struggling is till now not hearing if there's an investigation or explanations - which is what I need I don't need medication I just need transparency on knowing the truth since it's too unreasonable to be happened in hospital.

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

There has to be more to this?

What happened before this episodes?

How was your childhood?