• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

My Story With People - The Dark Side of The Internet People Still Overlook (Trigger Warning Possibly)

W

wheat

Where do I even start to be honest, I hope what I write in this thread possibly educates or even help someone perhaps. To let them know there not alone in this and I too was and sorta am still haunted by this that it caused me to get C-PTSD. All because of what people have done to me online the most my whole life. However as I write this now I'm not surviving anymore but thriving and becoming more at peace and happy with my life. I'm learning to let go and not let what happen to me effect or ruin my life anymore. Now I tell you my story. I joined here to " try " to converse with others practicing my social skills being around people once again online. You heard or possibly heard over the years and still hear the horror stories that happens online with some unlucky innocent people excluding kids and teenagers. Though it can also just as well effect adults just as much too. You heard about Catfishing, bullies, pedos, creeps, extreme mental health individuals from those who won't seek help nor want it. Them then brining you down with them severely with your own mental health at stake. You trying your very best to help or even safe them from not ending there lives. That it's becoming a extremely dangerous road for you to be around the person as you think if you stop helping best you can for them they end themselves, thus blame yourself for failing.

However that's not all what happens online today that no one wants to talk about. Nor want too discuss and sweep under the rug because it happened to them and their ashamed or blame themselves for falling for it or it happening to them. Really anyone reading this online is not as safe as you may think nor a good place to post a lot of your information on as well pictures of yourself. It is dangerous to tell the real harsh truth, you can believe me or not but it is the truth.

Where you can meet extremely messed up individuals that enter your lives that could cause stalking, threatening you, exposing you by black mailing and anything else you hear as well in movies and television today like hackers as well. I'm here to tell you what I wrote happen to me about half of those things starting at age ten when I met a pedo online. Thus began my traumatizing journey being online like every other kid and teenager was in the 2000s. It being the popular thing to be so call " cool " and accepted by everyone.

People in society today don't really talk at all about these things to kids and teenagers not enough as they truly should. To truly prevent kids, teens or even adults taking there own lives or other very bad things happen to them. I mean really talk and explain what could happen if you post pretty much your whole life sharing it on social media, pictures, information and ect. People can and will use it to steal your identity if your not careful causing those types of problems for you if your not cautious as you should be when talking to people online.

As for talking to people online today in this society it's okay to do it since a lot or half of the population in this world only have online sources to interact and meet people. However no one really wants to do or try to be cautious when talking to yes strangers online and you then be friend them just like that. Listen you truly and many people including my family even professional therapists told me you don't truly know anyone online at all. Society puts it out there like its the " normal " thing to do but really it's not. It takes years to truly know someone and trust someone online. A process I do is talk to them a long time do voice and video chat with them to prove they are who they say.

Then if you both want meet each other irl and hang out, ect and know what they look like then I think thats alright. Not knowing what they look like or sound like. Them giving you excuses of them not wanting to even just for a minute to prove to you they are who they say is a major reg flag. Personally my opinion and what I learned the hard way you should reconsider talking to them for safety. All this is the dark side of the internet people ignore and think it won't happen to them so be friend someone quickly, fall in love and date quickly and ect. People truly don't get it can effect them badly as for me traumnically and pretty much ruin there lives if not careful as they know they should.

I could go on for hours of telling you all the red flags I know and think everyone should to be careful of if meeting people or already been talking to them if there truly a legit person to you. Being 100% truthful to you about who they are and not lieing to you, messing with you with mind games, manipulating you to get something from you and so on. However for red flags I know would help people it would take a long time so sadly I can't say it all to be more helpful in this this post, apologies. Since this is probably a long post already. However I think anyone reading this gets the idea of being safe online and what you should and shouldn't do so none of these things happen to you.

I've tried to help while being online more active at age fourteen to people sharing my story and trying to save them from my fate I had happen to me sadly. Some listened to me took my advice and thanked me. While others didn't care and thought I was werid or wrong about the online world, since that what I said wasn't a big deal, true or could possibly happen to them. Putting themselves out there not caring like everyone did to be " normal " , cool and accepted by society.

All I said here is the truth as well my opinions we should all do or try and be more cautious when being online I suggest to help you be safe. I would be saddened if anything I went through happened to anyone else. Lastly I like to say follow your intuition, if you feel even the slightest off about a person, things don't make sense or add up about them there a person you need to leave and not have in your life for your mental health and safety. It's your choice and life what you choose to do with it. All I ask is just be careful is all online. You can listen to me or not but it's what I learned over the years.

**Note: I hope this alright to post this and hope no one gets mad and debates with me on my post. I'm just sharing my story and vewis on online safely and my opinions on how to make it safer. No one has to take my advice since its your choice and life afterall to do what you want.

S

SunnyDaze

Thanks for sharing that.

Important info for sure.

Hugs

W

wheat

Thank you for reading it, I really appreciate it.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Where do I even start to be honest, I hope what I write in this thread possibly educates or even help someone perhaps. To let them know there not alone in this and I too was and sorta am still haunted by this that it caused me to get C-PTSD. All because of what people have done to me online the most my whole life. However as I write this now I'm not surviving anymore but thriving and becoming more at peace and happy with my life. I'm learning to let go and not let what happen to me effect or ruin my life anymore. Now I tell you my story. I joined here to " try " to converse with others practicing my social skills being around people once again online. You heard or possibly heard over the years and still hear the horror stories that happens online with some unlucky innocent people excluding kids and teenagers. Though it can also just as well effect adults just as much too. You heard about Catfishing, bullies, pedos, creeps, extreme mental health individuals from those who won't seek help nor want it. Them then brining you down with them severely with your own mental health at stake. You trying your very best to help or even safe them from not ending there lives. That it's becoming a extremely dangerous road for you to be around the person as you think if you stop helping best you can for them they end themselves, thus blame yourself for failing.

However that's not all what happens online today that no one wants to talk about. Nor want too discuss and sweep under the rug because it happened to them and their ashamed or blame themselves for falling for it or it happening to them. Really anyone reading this online is not as safe as you may think nor a good place to post a lot of your information on as well pictures of yourself. It is dangerous to tell the real harsh truth, you can believe me or not but it is the truth.

Where you can meet extremely messed up individuals that enter your lives that could cause stalking, threatening you, exposing you by black mailing and anything else you hear as well in movies and television today like hackers as well. I'm here to tell you what I wrote happen to me about half of those things starting at age ten when I met a pedo online. Thus began my traumatizing journey being online like every other kid and teenager was in the 2000s. It being the popular thing to be so call " cool " and accepted by everyone.

People in society today don't really talk at all about these things to kids and teenagers not enough as they truly should. To truly prevent kids, teens or even adults taking there own lives or other very bad things happen to them. I mean really talk and explain what could happen if you post pretty much your whole life sharing it on social media, pictures, information and ect. People can and will use it to steal your identity if your not careful causing those types of problems for you if your not cautious as you should be when talking to people online.

As for talking to people online today in this society it's okay to do it since a lot or half of the population in this world only have online sources to interact and meet people. However no one really wants to do or try to be cautious when talking to yes strangers online and you then be friend them just like that. Listen you truly and many people including my family even professional therapists told me you don't truly know anyone online at all. Society puts it out there like its the " normal " thing to do but really it's not. It takes years to truly know someone and trust someone online. A process I do is talk to them a long time do voice and video chat with them to prove they are who they say.

Then if you both want meet each other irl and hang out, ect and know what they look like then I think thats alright. Not knowing what they look like or sound like. Them giving you excuses of them not wanting to even just for a minute to prove to you they are who they say is a major reg flag. Personally my opinion and what I learned the hard way you should reconsider talking to them for safety. All this is the dark side of the internet people ignore and think it won't happen to them so be friend someone quickly, fall in love and date quickly and ect. People truly don't get it can effect them badly as for me traumnically and pretty much ruin there lives if not careful as they know they should.

I could go on for hours of telling you all the red flags I know and think everyone should to be careful of if meeting people or already been talking to them if there truly a legit person to you. Being 100% truthful to you about who they are and not lieing to you, messing with you with mind games, manipulating you to get something from you and so on. However for red flags I know would help people it would take a long time so sadly I can't say it all to be more helpful in this this post, apologies. Since this is probably a long post already. However I think anyone reading this gets the idea of being safe online and what you should and shouldn't do so none of these things happen to you.

I've tried to help while being online more active at age fourteen to people sharing my story and trying to save them from my fate I had happen to me sadly. Some listened to me took my advice and thanked me. While others didn't care and thought I was werid or wrong about the online world, since that what I said wasn't a big deal, true or could possibly happen to them. Putting themselves out there not caring like everyone did to be " normal " , cool and accepted by society.

All I said here is the truth as well my opinions we should all do or try and be more cautious when being online I suggest to help you be safe. I would be saddened if anything I went through happened to anyone else. Lastly I like to say follow your intuition, if you feel even the slightest off about a person, things don't make sense or add up about them there a person you need to leave and not have in your life for your mental health and safety. It's your choice and life what you choose to do with it. All I ask is just be careful is all online. You can listen to me or not but it's what I learned over the years.

**Note: I hope this alright to post this and hope no one gets mad and debates with me on my post. I'm just sharing my story and vewis on online safely and my opinions on how to make it safer. No one has to take my advice since its your choice and life afterall to do what you want.
Well written post. Though remember this forum is a safe place 👍

W

wheat

Thank you for liking it and yes true though you still always got to be careful regardless in my opinion.

U

UndergroundBoy

This is great advice. I agree, even if a site seems safe and is well moderated you never know the lengths people will go to deceive others.

N

Nukelavee

Always maintain a sense of disbelief in people on the internet.