• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

My Story of Hearing Voices for 2 Years

N

Neverwin

Hello,
I have decided to share my nightmare story of battling voices for almost 2 years. I will try to give an honest and complete account of my experience. I suspect that I will have to break it down into multiple post over a period of time to achieve that. During this time I only told 4 or 5 people about what was going on and even then not with much detail. I never saw a doctor or took any medications. I didn't read anything online about what was happening to me except for one forum post I skimmed over about someone who was experiencing similar things at that moment of time. In fact I spent a majority of my time while the voices were at thier worst alone on my very rural 10 acres of land. My voices have recently stopped nearly completely. The past couple of days Ive heard just a few comments and very quietly to the point I can't really hear them at all. It has slowly but surely progressed to this point like a bell curve. They will be 100% gone for good very soon. Through this experience I believe I have come to understand what happened to me and why it happened to me. I would like to share my conclusion with you all first.

I believe that a combination of things happened at the same time. I was struggling with addiction to subutex that I started abusing to get off the opiates I was hooked on after a car wreck tore my leg off. I couldn't stop taking the subutex which ended up breaking down my spirit and will. I wanted to stop but I couldn't and I felt horrible. I had an opportunity presents itself to use free amphetamines in order to help me get passed the sub withdrawals. This was a HUGE mistake although I actually did succeed in stopping the sub which was my main goal. I did this while I was at work Directional Drilling oilwells in the field. Ok... So broken down will.. high stress will ring environment.. stress of the amphetamines and withdrawals.. the devil was winning. He had slowly and methodically lured me into a weakened state of being. This opened a door to demonic spirits being able to establish a foothold within me. I first heard voices while paying awake in my rig bunk room trying to sleep. It was a co workers voice arguing with another co worker about me losing my job. It sounded like it was right outside my window. It was to real and I got up and went to find the co worker who was sleeping on the couch. This
led my mind to theorize how this could be. How was he sleeping on the couch when he was just outside yelling at someone.. my mind struggled to comprehend. I got suspicious even paranoid to a point about what was going on. Was this person messing with me somehow? I woke him up and asked him if he was just outside yelling.. he said no of course. I decided it was do to the drugs or being to tired and moved on from it. I didn't hear them again for a good few weeks at least. Looking back on this I see now that I was being felt out by the evil spirits of the unseen world.. a test run to gather intel and formulate a plan to cause maximum chaos and confusion. A team effort by the devil and his demons had taken place overtime in my life that had brought me to this point. I had no idea what I was in for. I also had no idea what was really happening. Just theories and lies that begin to flood in as my mind tried to cope with and understand what was taking place. The original stronghold idea of this is a person messing with me stayed a central idea throughout the entire experience. Had someone planted a speaker. In some way or another my mind would produce some idea that enlisted some way that some person was messing with me somehow. I eventually became convinced that someone had cast a witchcraft spell on me for revenge and it had let loose these demons on me. That's how it really gets you. The evil reinforces the beliefs and seemingly logical thoughts or ideas that you come up with. This leads you into insanity because it causes itself to become real in your own mind. A sinister strategy to say the least. The voices slowly but surely increased in frequency. Like a bell curve spanning 2 years it reached a peak and started back down overtime. It actually continued to get worse.. much worse after I stopped all drug usage and stayed sober for months. This is because It had gained its foothold on me. It wasn't going to leave and be over without a fight. A war.. a holy war where the mind is the battlefield... To be continued...

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
As I don't believe in the Devil, demons or witchcraft I came to a different conclusion, a scientific conclusion (albeit on the fringe of what is known scientifically).

But I understand how you may have reached your conclusions if you're a believer in such things, it's quite common for people with a religious upbringing to share your ideas.

N

Neverwin

Do you still hear them? I know that everyone is entitled thier own beliefs. I just don't understand how anyone could not believe in the creator and the Bible. It's so real.. all it's prophecy are coming true.. it just makes sense the things it says.. I wish people could experience God in the ways I have.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Every damn day, my voice is pretty much constant. I haven't experienced any meaningful amount of silence in around four and a half years.

N

Neverwin

Well mine are gone!! Maybe you could give my approach a try and see if it helps you as it did me. They were extremely bad for a long time. I am sorry you are dealing with that. I know how difficult it is.

T

toto

Every damn day, my voice is pretty much constant. I haven't experienced any meaningful amount of silence in around four and a half years.
It's funny that the founders of the forum and their supporters also have problems. :) Your voices have not stopped? And do you believe in telepathy, god, magic, how do you explain their existence?

T

toto

Because you may offend, let me add that I congratulate you for creating the forum. I did not find another active forum.

At the time I was thinking of creating a forum, but I never realized my idea. So ... it's great.

N

Neverwin

I wish I could explain and articulate this in a way that would flip a switch for people so they could see what is happening. It's sounds terrible and it sucks that a demon could be harrassing you for whatever reason,but it's absolutely reality. There are scientific explanations that can explain the mechanics of what your mind or body are doing to produce the voices, but the producer is not you and your concious spirits thought realm. There is another being that is causing it to happen. You can tell that it has an intelligence all its own. The devil is the father of lies. These demons can immatate sounds and voices and even snatch them from your own mind. Your thought realm lives in your spirit. It will use your thoughts and mentally stored at nformation such as sounds fears and voices against you. It's oppressive. It's cunningly deceitful. You need a more powerful ally to overcome the enemies lies and strongholds.

Last edited by a moderator:
NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
My voice did at one point claim to be God, but I was suspicious when it asked me to take my own life. I refused and it said it would kill me in my sleep but many years later I'm still here.

And do you believe in telepathy, god, magic, how do you explain their existence?
I believe in voice assisted telepathy but not in God or magic, they say magic is just science we don't fully understand yet.

I think my voice is essentially my twin brother that shares my body with me, another mind that shares my brain. A book I read claims a small group of neurologists back in the 1960's discovered that our consciousness occupies the left hemisphere of the brain and a second consciousness occupies the right hemisphere.

I believe this mind can tap into all of my senses, so it hears, sees, smells, tastes and feels what I do but can also manipulate these senses to create 'hallucinations'.

I don't think they're isolated and solitary beings either, I believe they can talk to others of their kind by using brainwaves that we can't perceive (telepathy), so your voice may be talking to the voices of people around you right now and you'd be none the wiser. But as a side effect of this ability to interpret brainwaves they can interpret our brainwaves as well which allowed my voice to tell me what others were thinking with 100% accuracy. So if you get two voice hearers in the same room my voice could tell me what you're thinking and your voice would tell you what I'm thinking and we'd have voice assisted telepathy with them acting as middlemen.

N

Neverwin

I think that because the end times of this age are so near is why these terrible things are happening more and more to people. The bible says that more people will come to God towards the end.. well the evil is so out of control in the world for whatever reasons that people are turning to God more and more.m technologies and TV it's spread app over the world. The bible is so true and amazing. It's a living thing. It's the words of God alive in an amazing way.

N

Neverwin

It tried the claim to be God to me as well. Think about it.. satan became jealous and envious of god's power and was removed from heaven for wanting to be God.. He tries to do things that immatate God in many ways.

T

toto

Well, my theory is that if you stop believing in telepathy and everything paranormal, the voices may stop. So far, I conclude that it is rather a strange upbringing, which should and want to be two separate persons. As far as this Siamese twin hypothesis ... I would believe, but talking to people here rather proves belief problems, nothing more.

N

Neverwin

His greatest victory over one of God's children is to get him to believe that the devil doesn't exist.. how can you be ready for something or prepared if you don't even believe it's trying to get you.. it's his greatest achievement in this world.

N

Neverwin

Well, my theory is that if you stop believing in telepathy and everything paranormal, the voices may stop. So far, I conclude that it is rather a strange upbringing, which should and want to be two separate persons. As far as this Siamese twin hypothesis ... I would believe, but talking to people here rather proves belief problems, nothing more.
I am certain that this is a core part of the issue. All these false therioes and ideas that are not the true reality are causing havoc.

T

toto

In the first psychosis ... I analyzed it that way later, but I'm not sure if I didn't believe then that it was a foreign voice - a god, a devil, or telepathy ... I had a mental dialogue with a member of a sect. Then I had a second psychosis (I told you earlier), although I prayed a lot to God and meditated ... then I got angry with God because there is nothing wonderful about being sick with two wonderful children, even though I wanted to to raise them perfect, pleasing to God. There was no logic in not helping me for my holy purposes.