• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My story is unoriginal but I need to vent pls

J

Jj70202

My life has no purpose. I have no motivation or energy to try anymore. I don’t even bother picturing a good life for myself anymore because every time things start going well I ruin them. People leave me—always, every time, and when I need them most. Never in my life has the person I loved love me back. I’m so unhappy with the person I’m with. He says he loves me, but he doesn’t understand my depression and how crippling it gets; he seems to have no compassion and is tired of my bs, saying that it ruins his day when I can’t pick myself up. My mom is an alcoholic and I can’t connect with her on any real level. My sisters and I are so torn apart—we’re all broken and unable to communicate our feelings because we never expressed them as children and it’s looked at as weird in my family. My dad loved my mom and after she divorced him he went into a depression himself, and now clings to a terrible woman with money. All he did was work when we were kids and now he found a situation where he doesn’t have to work, be a father, and pretends the past doesn’t exist. I know it hurt him to have his wife leave him because she was clearly bored of being a wife and mom; she wanted to go back to being a teenager, and he must’ve felt worthless to cling to the woman he’s with now. My heart breaks more and more every day when I think of each of them. I wish I could piece us back together. But I feel sorry for the little girl I was with no one watching out for me. I was in and out of rehabs since 13. Always depressed and ready to check out as far back as I can remember. And no one noticed. I think we were all angry kids caught up in our distractions, though. We’re all on our own, suffering separately. I try my best to be a good sister and daughter but everyone keeps it surface level. I’m hurting so bad. I have no friends because I’m sober now. The one good friend I have thinks I’m weird probably, because I’m so awkward and have lost a lot of my social skills over the years. I have no one and I’m afraid. I know these negative thoughts are cancerous; I wish I weren’t so negative, but I used to always try to bring people up and was always the one of my friend group being stupid and silly. I totally lost that part of me over the years I spent as an addict. As cliche as it sounds, I feel I have nothing left to give. I know I should seek friendship through AA or something of the sorts (I will try again soon), but for now, it felt good to get that off my chest. Thanks and much love, you guys.

L

LadyDomino

AA is a good place to start for a recovering alcoholic - you have something in common with the people there.

We are not responsible for our parents; we can only focus on ourselves. You have done the hard work getting sober. Keep up that work.

As to your partner, maybe you need to question how would you feel if he left, would you miss him or feel release from his judgement?

J

Jj70202

As I read this, I know I sound so melodramatic and like I’m catastrophizing—there are people who have it way worse. I know I can fix it, and hopefully one day I will. But my pain is still there and it eats at me every second.

J

Jj70202

AA is a good place to start for a recovering alcoholic - you have something in common with the people there.

We are not responsible for our parents; we can only focus on ourselves. You have done the hard work getting sober. Keep up that work.

As to your partner, maybe you need to question how would you feel if he left, would you miss him or feel release from his judgement?
Thank you. You’re right. And I think it’s time to move on. I don’t think it’s healthy. I should be single until I heal.. I really appreciate your reply. Hope you have a good night ❤

stygianiron222

stygianiron222

please talk to someone to help you through. i know its hard at the moment, but it will get better. try to stay positive, i believe you.

J

Jj70202

please talk to someone to help you through. i know its hard at the moment, but it will get better. try to stay positive, i believe you.
Thank you. I will; I keep giving up on looking but that’s only going to continue the cycle. I appreciate you. ❤