• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My story: How I overcame my anxiety

A

amd0057

It all started a year ago, at my first panic attack I thounght I hand a heart attack, of course I called an ambulance, and the doctors told me everything was fine and they did a injection, of course I still feel stings in my chest and I couldn't breathe, but I finally fell asleep. The next 6 months were an ordeal because I did not know what was happening and during the day I could not breathe and I was dizzy, almost every night I hand a panic attack and I thought that after falling asleep I thought I was going to die. Every night, every time I drove, I thought I was going to have an accident + a lot of other things. I still didn't know what I hand until after 6 months I dreamed that my teeth were falling out and I searched the meaning of this dream on google and I read that I may have anxiety discorders and I saw that the dream is my salvation. I went to the psychiatrist where he offered me some pills for treatment, but I noticed that because of these pills it is harder for me to think and when I don't take them that condition appears again, I didn't know what to do with it. At one point I came across a book that promised to get me out of those states, of course I would have given anything and tried anything just to get over it. I was very surprised when I saw that everything in the book made me understand why I have these conditions and how I can get over theme. I'm glad I got over this.

Last edited by a moderator:
bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. It is wonderful to hear you have overcome your anxiety.

W

WanderingA

Hello this is amazing that you've overcome your anxiety well done!! What book did you read? May be able to help others?