• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My social anxiety revelation

B

BlazeFury

So, I have been suffering with social anxiety for as long as I can remember. I believe the childhood abuse from my father lead to me having it. I have nightmares of him physically and psychologically abusing me at least once a month. I get very upset and shaken when seeing videos of child abuse, or any abuse, or whenever I hear him speak loudly and angrily to someone. Those bad memories just flash back up. Thankfully he is kinder to me now. And today, while thinking about my past, I realized that everything I am afraid of people thinking of me are the things he called me and told me I was as a child. I guess that after years of being told it, I started believing it. I believed all the lies. The lies that I am not good enough. When I am good enough. Nobody actually hates me. I am a beautiful person.

Today begins my recovery.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry your father abused you. You are amazing to be positive after experiencing that. You sound very strong.