• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My So Called Life

Run Like Hell

Run Like Hell

I'm sat here alone on Xmas evening, one of the grimmest evenings of the year.

I've got a bag of presents off various people, not opened any of them just don't care.

I won't bore you with the details but I'm just totally screwed up, probably a misfit and can only cope with life by hiding away from all the madness out there. It's a scary bleak and grim existence. And the world generally is becoming a more pitiless cruel and vicious place.

I really think, for the likes of me, life is a fate worse than death.

BlueBerry

BlueBerry

I don't know what to say, it sounds like you're in a really tough place right now.

I too often feel like the world is a cruel and nasty place and I find myself hiding in my flat quite a lot so that I don't have to deal with the outside world, particularly other people. I'm not too comfortable around other people these days.

Can you maybe just find something to do to take your mind off everything? Just put your feet up and relax and watch a movie or read a good book or something? The world is pretty mental, it's good to just take a break from it now and again.

Take care, :hug:

L

lovagemuffin

as another person who can only handle the madness by hiding away hi qnd im sorry your suffering I always think depression is worse on xmas cause its a time when your supposed to be happy most people are just stressed about not being happy enough LOL or overfed. don't think your alone your not here hugs00000000000

M

Mastiff mom

Dear Run Like Hell, I'm wishing I could make things better for you. I've felt as you do before and it's a very dark place and so lonely. I'm thinking of you and sending you a hug. Hang in there.

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The world is a cruel and lonely place and often the only thing that makes it bearable is the kindness of others, so with that in mind I'll send you a hug. :hug:

D

Desna

Maybe you're right...
Unhelpful and not true. Please bear in mind when you post, people come here in need of help & reassurance.

To the original poster: this craziness of Christmas causes a low for so many. This horrid 'festive season' is almost over. Hold on tight to your values and well being. A new year and new start is just around the corner for us all, it includes you. Sending you love & hugs. The only thing certain in life is change. I hope that the new year is kind to you xxx:hug5:

U

upagainstit

Unhelpful and not true. Please bear in mind when you post, people come here in need of help & reassurance...
People post according to their own thoughts...not to the approval of onlookers.

D

Desna

People post according to their own thoughts...not to the .... A little empathy and compassion for fellow sufferers is never too
much to ask. If you can't offer anything constructive to a person in severe distress, maybe it is best to say nothing?

U

upagainstit

@Desna: not your call. Nevermind "and how..."