• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

my six point star

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

ok, so my family support worker introduced me to a five point star for my family life, and ive adapted to it for my personal life.
its a star shape and each point represents a part of my life that requires improvement. mine are ;
exercise
eating
hygiene
household chores
work /volunteering
self love

then for each point ive broken it down into numbers on a scale of 1-10 gradually working up a list of things I'd like to be.
i wont bore you with much of it but basically im currently on 1-2 for all points.
I've also drawn up a goals list for this week and each point ive written what i need to do to achieve my goal.
its very basic, for example under exercise this week i need to do one 30min slot of exercise, walk my dogs once in the morning and once in the afternoon three days.

just felt like sharing that!
im feeling positive for the future today x

V

Viktoria

I'm so glad you're feeling positive and that's a really good excersice. Keep up the good work xxx :hug:

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Thanks Viktoria how's it going with you? Hug

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I've seen those star-thingies before.
It's a really good visual to see how you're doing, and also to notice fluctuations in the star depending on where you're at.

I like the fact your goals are realistic too - it's good to start small, I reckon. Good luck with it this week. :)

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

thanks viktoria - i asked before i read your post x
thanks ss- i hope this is the turning point for me, im also looking into going back to psychotherapy to sort my childhood issues out and of course the berevement counselling xxx
todays been a good day thanks for asking x